15

[ Brielle's hair/fit, etc ]

"Brielle, I asked you to come and help me with Trev, not look like you're going on a date with him." Betty sighs, pointing out my outfit and hair.

"Betty, how many times do I have to you that this is how people normally dress in NYC, who aren't rich like my bestie boo?" I explain to Betty, just as Trev sat down.

"Hey, guys?.." Trev greets us, but in more of a question way because this was just suppose to be a thing for Trev and Betty. 

"Hey." Me and Betty say at the same time. 

"Yeah sorry, her mom wanted her to get out of the house more with me and not always with Reggie." Betty lies. 

"Yeah, mom loves Reggie, but she probably gets tired of him and my brother staying late on the game." I smile at Trev as he sits down, finishing Bettys lie.

-

---

[2HOURS LATER;AT BETTYS]

"Thank god that went smoothly." I plop down on Bettys bed. Mrs.Cooper is out of town for a bit for a Journalist thing. So, she allowed me and Betty to have a sleepover while her dad is home. 

"Yes and hopefully this give us a lead. A big lead." Betty sighs, relieved. 

"Me too, Liz. This whole thing is stressful." I say, letting out a sigh. 

"We should get some sleep, Elle. My dad is home and I really don't want him to know about all of this." Betty whispers to me.

"Alright." I say, laying down at the end of her bed, while Betty lays at the top, getting under her comforter. 

"Good night, Elle." Betty yawns, smiling down at me. 

"Good night, Liz." I say yawning, hers effecting me, smiling back at her.

----

[3:50PM] 

I jog down the stairs, meeting up with Betty. She has questions for her dad about Polly and why she is away in a group home. 

"You sure you wanna know the answer to that, Betty? Like are you 100% sure you're ready to hear the answer?" I stress, looking at Betty full of concern. 

I don't know if she wants to know what happened to Polly so she can solve Jasons murder, or if she genuinely is worried about Polly.

"Yes, I'm sure." Betty nods, sending me a small smile.

"Alright, well, good luck. I'm going to make some lunch before I go back home." I say, shooting her a small smile as she nodded, heading to her garage to speak to her dad.

I love Betty. But, I am worried that she'll get herself wrapped up into stuff that she does not need to be wrapped in. Lord, have some MERCY on this town.

{ Hey, long time, no read! I am very very sorry about that. As I was writing, I was having trouble with this plot and how to push Brielle in from the beginning. Yes, I have come to the conclusion that Brielle is AND always will be apart of the Core Four. So, I will be for sure TRYING to write more on this book! }