33

'Like the Red Death showing up in an Edgar Allan Poe story, the Black Hood had come to Riverdale. With that grimmest of reapers looming over us, how did we cope?'

[ Brielle's Outfit ]

I got a text from Betty to meet her in the Blue and Gold. So, when I got to school I expected some Black Hood nonsense, so I was ready for that. When I got there, Archie and Veronica were there, too. I stood at the side of the table.

"So the reason we called you guys in here..." Betty started, with a smile on her face, so I knew it had nothing to do with the Black Hood, which made me sigh with a smile.

"My dad's getting out of jail." Jughead grinned.

"JJ, that's amazing!" I cheered.

"Yeah, what heralded this miracle?" Veronica asked, with a smile.

"Uh, overcrowding at the jail, I guess the judge reviewed my dad's case and after Cheryl's testimony it was...A perfect storm." Jughead explained.

"What do you need from us, Jug?" Archie asked.

"Both of us. We have a new lead on the Black Hood case. And Jughead and I, we were wondering if you guys would follow up on it for us. We can give you all of the details, the articles." Betty told us, grabbing some papers.

"Uh, yeah and I'm just... I'm taking a break from the Black Hood." Betty said.

"Wait, so, you want us to be you guys?" Veronica asked.

"Essentially, yes. Why, is there a problem with that?" Jughead asked Veronica and Archie, smirking, causing Veronica to shake her head.

After school, Jughead and I went to the Wyrm so he could deliver the news to Serpents and so I could see Fangs, Sweet Pea and Toni.

"I have an announcement to make. My dad's getting out." Jughead announced, causing everyone to cheer and clap.

"And when he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with Mayor McCoy."