43

After seeing my father, whom I haven't seen since I was 6 years old, I fled, leaving my friends behind. I went straight to the house. I unlocked the door and slammed it shut, when I turned to the kitchen, there my mom was with her face in her hands.

"How long did you know?" I demanded an answer.

"Brielle.." My mom walked over to me and I shook my head. 

"No -- don't touch me. You knew Daddy was here and you didn't tell me!" I shouted, turning back to the door.

"Brielle! Don't you walk the hell out of that door!" My mom shouted, and I looked her up and down before leaving.

I walked until I got to the Southside, I walked into Sweet Pea's trailer and saw him on the couch. The place was a mess, he didn't say a word when he walked in, I knew he was furious.

"Did you know, Brielle?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Did I know? Know what?" I turned.

"That your daddy would come and arrest Fangs -- or that the video was out?" Sweet Pea got up from the couch. 

"No. I haven't seen that man since I was 6 years old, Sweet Pea. And if I had known that video was out, I would have said something." I grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"No, you're not gonna drink. We're going to head to the station soon for Fangs. Jones said they can't keep him any longer, because he wasn't charged with anything." Sweet Pea told me, taking the beer out of my hands.

"Fine." I sighed, slipping back on my Serpent jacket.

We made our way to the Sheriff's station and I didn't run into my dad, yet. Which was a good thing. But, there was a crowd outside, a large one. None of them wanted Fangs out, but there was a large ass group of Serpents rallying for Fangs to get out. But just then, my father popped up.

"We can't take Fangs out the front. We have to take the side entrance." Jughead told my father.

"Crowd's out there, too. So pick your poison, Serpent." My father told Jughead.

"Daddy, how could you turn into such a cruel man?" I scoffed, stepping towards him.

"I'm sorry, Sugar. But, I can't help you. You're one of them." My father told me, kissing my forehead and walked off. I turned back to them and sighed.

"What do we do, man?" Sweet Pea asked Jughead.

"I don't wanna die." Fangs whined. 

''You're not gonna die, Fangs." I cupped his face, tearing up a little.

"We stand together so none of us falls. In unity, there is strength." Jughead recited.

"In unity, there is strength!" We recited. 

And, with that, we walked out the doors and shielded Fangs in the middle. We walked through a very large crowd. I hopped and prayed Archie came through for us, Fangs is innocent. I looked forward and Archie tackled Reggie, and Reggie's gun fell from his hands, just as that happened a shot went off and I flinched then turned to look, and just then, I had noticed, Fangs had been shot. We all hovered over Fangs and applied pressure to the wound. Most of the Serpents got into a brawl with people like Bulldogs because we all seen Reggie with the gun. Fangs got rushed to the hospital, and I sat in the waiting room balling my eyes out. After a while with him in surgery my father walked in and I sighed. It then felt like everything got worse when he arrived.