35

[ Brielle's Outfit ]

All the Serpents were called to the camp fire by Jughead. I had a feeling this was about his and FP's Snake Charmer problem. So me and Fangs got ready and rode over to the spot. Once we got Fangs sat on the couch with Sweet Pea and I sat on the back of Toni's bike with her.

"Penny Peabody has got my dad dealing drugs.I know this, 'cause she had me doing it before him. Now she's roped in Tall Boy and Sweet Pea." Jughead told us, pointing at Sweet Pea.

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped me..." Sweet Pea started, annoyed.

"No, Sweet Pea, I'm pissed because I don't want the Serpents to end up like the Ghoulies. And I doubt that any of you became Serpents just to be at the beck and call of a drug queenpin." Jughead shook his head.

"I know where this ends. Death, jail. Which is why in the interest of self-preservation... we have to take out Penny." Jughead looked at all of us.

"Nigga what?" I asked.

"Snake Charmer's helped some of us." Sweet Pea spoke up.

"Oh, yeah? What did she ask for in return, Sweet Pea? How many favors? Now, if we don't stop Penny tonight...she is going to get every single one of us in on this. I promise you. I promise you, Sweet Pea. What I'm asking is, are you willing to risk your necks to save my dad's life?" Jughead asked, looking around.

"What is the first law?" Toni asked, standing up.

"No Serpent stands alone." I voiced, standing up.

"I'm in." Sweet Pea said, standing up.

"Me, too." Toni nodded, as we walked towards the fire.

"Let's do this." Fangs followed behind.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Penny's warehouse, 20 minutes earlier than FP. We knew that he'd come here to finish up with Penny but Jughead had a plan. Jughead pried the door open and we all put on the Serpent masks. All I hoped was that we didn't murder her, because I really wouldn't know how to explain that to my mom or FP. When it was our time to walk in, we did.

"Is this supposed to scare me?" Penny scoffed, standing there.

"I would not do this if I were you. You are making a big mistake. You are making... Are you out of your mind?!" Penny tried to fight back, but failed as Sweet Pea put a cloth bag over her head and I tied her hands real tight. Jughead led her to the truck where I sat in the back with her.

"Boy, Jones, if your dad finds out, it will be hell." Penny threatened.

"Listen, Peabody, if you keep talking, I'll cut your tongue out." I threatened back, making her shut up. Jughead continued driving to Greendale and the rest of the ride was silent.