37

'One week after Riverdale High's absorption of its Southside counterpart, and everything was the same. And nothing was the same. Take Archie Andrews. On the surface, he's getting ready for basketball tryouts, as he does every winter. But underneath, he was churning, his life in chaos after an unexpected visit from the Feds. Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor its founding father, General Augustus Pickens.'

[ Brielle's Outfit ]

"Mr. Jones, eyes up front." Mrs.Haggly told Jughead as her was typing on his laptop, Cheryl up front ready to give her presentation.

"Thank you, Mrs. Haggly." Cheryl said, then started her presentation.

"As I was saying, each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens, yet few know the truth.  That it was my great-great great-grandpappy Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, who bankrolled General Pickens' settlement of, '...an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, where maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's grandest cathedrals.' Which is why every year I petition the mayor's office to rename Pickens Day." Cheryl explained as she went through each slide.

"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr. Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week." Mrs.Haggly said to Jughead.

We made out way to the Student Lounge, where Veronica, Betty, and Kevin were. They were talking about Betty's brother who had just moved in with her and her family. I was happy for Betty, I knew she'd been down since Polly left and she wanted a sibling. I spent as much time with her as possible but Alice never let her sleepover, due to the fact that Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea were living with me. 

"Bring The Omen to Pickens Day and we can all meet him. Everyone's coming, right?" Veronica asked, looking at all of us.

"No, because the Serpents weren't invited." Jughead spoke up.

"The Serpents were specifically asked to come." Veronica told Jughead.

"Yeah, to provide security. Need I remind you, you guys have been treated us like shit, since they've come to Riverdale High, so no, we won't work security, find someone else." I snapped.

"It's like we're all on the Snowpiercer train, but the Serpents happen to be the ones eating the cockroaches." Jughead said.

"You don't have to work if you don't want to." Veronica told us.

"The damage, as they say, has already been done. Talk to you guys later." Jughead said, getting up.

"Plans with Toni?" Betty asked, seeming jealous.