Chapter 10

"We're here!" Sam squealed with delight as we pulled up to the airport.

She has been bouncing up and down on the leather cushioned seats for the past half hour, and it was driving me crazy. I sighed and grabbed one of the straps on the pack that I brought with me.

'This isn't what you want, Sol,' my mind told me. 'Of course it is Sol. You just don't know it yet," my mind said again. I must being going crazy now; my mind was fighting with itself.

I felt Sam pulling on my arm trying to get me to move.

"Come on slowpoke, the plane isn't going to wait for you! Well... actually it probably will, but that's beside the point. Let's go Sol," Sam eagerly screamed and I was yanked out of the limo.

With Sam's firm grip on my hand, we were running through the airport. I must admit that I tripped over my own feet quite often; that would not be good when I would have to start wearing heels at the palace.

'Oh my god Sol. Stop thinking like the Selection is going to be a long time thing. You might only have to wear heels once or twice,' My mind argued with me again and I just chose to ignore it this time.

I felt my body ram into Sam's, who had just stopped dead in her tracks. When I regained my balance, I felt Sam move behind me and she was peaking her head around my body. I followed Sam's line of vision to see two girls who looked about mine and Sam's age, eighteen. Those girls were also wearing white shirts and black pants. One of the girls, the one with chestnut brown hair, looked up at me. I instantly recognized her as Willow Myles of Sonage.

'So, were flying with Sonage? I thought we would be flying with Carolina,' I thought to myself and walked up to Willow.

I tapped on her shoulder when I approached her; she turned around and a smile appeared on her face.

"Hello. My name is..."

"I already know who you are, Sol Soble," Willow interrupted me and embraced me in a hug. I laughed as we hugged each other like we had been lifelong friends. When she pulled away from me, she had a look in her eye that said that she knew something that I didn't. I had a bad feeling about that look, but I just ignored it.

"Well, it's really nice to meet you Sol," Willow said, returning me to from my thoughts. Her voice sounded light and bubbly.

"You too Willow," I giggled as I spoke.

Sam had just reached me and Willow and extended her hand.

"Hello, I am Samantha Crystals," Sam said and Willow politely grabbed her hand.

"Hello Samantha. My name is Willow Myles."

When their hands fell, I heard a huff from behind me. All three of us turned around to see a girl with bright pink lipstick and big sunglasses concealing her eyes.

"Hello," I said and walked up to her. "My name is Sol Soble."

I held up my hand slightly, wordlessly saying that she could shake my hand. The girl pulled the sunglasses down to the rim of her nose, and I could see her pale green eyes. They looked almost light grey. I instantly realized who she was. Why didn't I notice before, with her strawberry blonde hair. This was Harmony Workson.

 Harmony scanned my body up and down and rolled her eyes before placing her glasses back on the bridge of her nose.

"Go tell your little friends over there that the captain of our flight requests us. We are leaving now," She snapped and stalked away.

I felt a pinch of anger burn in my blood. Good god, I haven't even known this girl for all of two minutes and I could already tell that we weren't going to be good friends.