Chapter 29

As I was on my way to the Report Room once again, I saw Matthew ahead of me. His golden crown glistened in the fading sunlight that shone through from the window. Walking beside him were two other males, who also wore golden crowns atop their heads. I picked up the heavy yellow skirts of my ball gown and started to run towards the group of three. Tonight, my maids wanted to put me in a color I hadn't worn yet. Yellow seemed to be their top pick. 

The neckline was cut into a very deep sweetheart. Covering majority of the V-cleavege line was a thin layer of sunny yellow sheer cloth. Dotting it was silver rhinestones that shimmered when I moved. The same rhinestones were stitched all over the corset of the ball gown. Four rows of slightly larger silver rhinestones encircled my waist, each a perfect distance apart from the next. The skirt tumbled out from my waist, also yellow in color, like a flower in bloom. More rhinestones trailed down the length of the skirt, though fewer than the bodice. Light silver eyeshadow was painted on my eyelids; black eyeliner and mascara faint. Nothing flashy, never trashy. Instead of going for my signature pink lips gloss, my maids decided they wanted a light cherry red. I complained, but when Cassia shot me her death glare, I shut my trap. I didn't need to fight with her again; I was saving my energy for someone else. Someone who's name starts with an 'M' and ends with an -atthew. 

With my gown, I actually liked the lipgloss. It was shimmery and not to bright nor to dark. My hair was pulled into a long ponytail. The ends of my hair were curled to perfection. There was no part in my hair, and across the top of my head was a braided crown. It was hard to run in my silver rhinestoned heels. But somehow, I managed. 

I tapped Matthew on the shoulder as soon as I reached him. He stopped walking and slowly turned to face me. The two princes he was previously talking with did the same. They couldn't be more different, yet similar at the same time. Both boys had sandy blonde hair. However, the one on the left's hair was in a cropped hairstyle and the one on the right's hair hung down, just barely grazing his eyes; being slightly too long for princes to gel back. Both of them had a square-like jaw structure and strong features. The one on the left had a cleft on his chin. The one on the right had perfect eyebrows. But their eyes... they were the spitting image of the other's. Both princes had deep blue eyes with honey rings around their pupils. So mesmerizing, captivating; attention grabbing. They looked at each other, in front of Matthew's body, then looked back at me. The one on the right, the one with the longer hair, turned to Matthew. 

"Elle est chaude." he said, his french accent perfectly matching his, well french. "Prince Matthew, je pense que cette créature devra revenir en France avec moi. Il n'y a pas n'importe quel sexe règne là-bas." 

Matthew faced him the second the words flew out, his jaw ajar and his eyes shocked at what the prince had said. The boy on Matthew's left didn't say anything; he just continued to stare me down. It was rather frightening. I turned my attention back to the prince on the right to see that he was smiling creepily at me. Who did this guy think he was, calling me hot and telling Matthew that he would be taking me back to France with him because there was no sex laws there. How dare he even speak such... horrid things. Well, at least I now knew that Matthew understood french. He'll definitely understand what I have to say.

 "C'est vraiment pas poli de parler de quelqu'un juste en face de leur visage. Vous êtes un cocky, porcs-dirigé prince et je n'irais jamais en France avec vous pour cela. Bonne journée, votre Altesse." I snapped and Matthew's jaw opened face turned to me. He grabbed for my wrist and I let him take it as the prince who had just spoken stared at me wide eyed. Guess he realized that royalty aren't the only ones who know how to speak another language.

"Excuse us for a moment gentlemen," Matthew said, "We will be back shortly." With that, Matthew pulled me by my wrist around the corner and partially down the long hall.