Chapter 12

"Lady Sol? Lady Sol, we have to get you dressed for your viewing of the Report and dinner."

Cassia's words pulled me from my slumber, the sentence seeping in to my head and pulling me out of my dreams at a molasses pace.

My eyes fluttered open and I stretched my arms above my head. A soft yawn escaped as I sat up. Slowly, I pulled the covers aside to set my feet on the ground and stand up.

Cassia grabbed my hand and immediately pulled me towards the bathroom, and I was greeted with two faces; those of Juliana and Starlet.

"Good afternoon, Lady Sol," Juliana said and curtsied as I made my way toward a large tub.

I looked down into the porcelain bath. Small bubbles danced up in down in the water, bobbing gently as steam wafted upward. Leaning forward, I dipped the tip of my index finger into the water, watching the surface ripple. The temperature was perfect.

I suddenly shrieked when I started to feel the zipper of my dress being pulled down. I quickly jumped around and screamed at them.

"What are you doing!"

Cassia looked at me sternly, but Starlet jumped back in fear.

"Lady Sol, it's not proper to raise your voice. As your maids, we will dress you and undress you every day for the duration of your stay. You're just going to have to live with it."

I blinked at her, too stunned to speak. After the moment passed, I swallowed hard and nodded.

"I'm sorry," I sighed and closed my eyes. "This whole thing, it's new to me. I'm not used to being pampered and touched and being made to feel fragile. Truly, I am sorry. I didn't know that this was part of your guys job. Could all of you forgive me?"

Cassia smirked and Starlet's shoulders sagged in relief. Juliana remained silent by the tub.

"Only if you turn around right now and let me finish with the zipper."

I easily complied and soon my day dress was on the floor. Juliana reached for my hand and led me to the bath. I stepped in and sighed when the hot water filled the spaces between my toes. I heard Juliana laugh.

"See Star, we got a good one." 

I sat down and let Juliana scrub my hair, her touch relaxing me. This was a new feeling of bliss. This feeling was deeper than bathing for cleanliness. This was heavenly.

 After about 20 minutes or so, I was pulled out of the tub and my hair was wrapped up into a towel to dry. I was brought over to a vanity and I sat down in a chair.

"Can I see my dress?" I asked Cassia slightly impatiently.

"No, you may not." Cassia responded quickly and turned back to her conversation with Juliana to decide how they will do my hair.

I huffed and crossed my arms, slouching into the chair. A few seconds later, Starlet came around the chair to the front of the vanity.

" H-how would you like your m-m-makeup, Miss?" Starlet asked quietly and snapped out of my little funk to blink at her. I sat up and took her hand gently.

"Well Starlet, since someone won't let me see my dress..."

I gave Cassia a look and Starlet giggled, politely and quietly.

"... you can do whatever you like. As long as it's not a lot of makeup. I'm a more of a natural looking person."

I smiled and she nodded.

"Of course Lady Sol. I think I'm going to do light make up anyway. You really don't need it."

Starlet smiled and instructed me to close my eyes. Somewhere in between, the towel had been pulled off of my head and two brushes were being pulled through it.