Chapter 27

"Daniel Schreave!" I yelled, spitting accursed salt filled water from my mouth. I could feel the minimal makeup I actually had on drip down my face and my day dress began to way me down in the water. "I can not believe you just did that."

 Daniel, in between his fit of snorting laughs, extended his hand down to me. Him, along with Prince Presley, who had been forced to stay hidden from the Selected until tonight when the other Royal families arrived, dragged me out of my room this morning. I had asked where we were going, but instead of getting an answer, Daniel covered my eyes with his baby soft hands. When he pulled them away, I was standing in a very large room. It had a stained glass roof, leaving the sunlight to reflect down on a massive pool. In the corner of the pool rested a large, rocky indoor waterfall. I didn't know what was going on until Daniel lifted me off of my feet and carried me bridal style towards the edge of the pool. Then, he just tossed me in like I was a piece of trash he was throwing away.

 I felt like I was sinking in this water filled day dress; and seeing Daniel's extended hand gave me an evil idea. I just treaded on the surface of the water, kicking my legs in large circles every so often, and stared up at him. 

"Let me help you out." Daniel said, reaching his hand slightly closer to try and reach me. Slowly, I extended my hand to his and my fingers gingerly grazed over his before locking with his hand. 

"No, let me help you." I replied and yanked him into the water using all my strength. 

Just as I had planned, Daniel came tumbling into the water beside me, resurfacing before spitting out water. Prince Presley just stood there laughing. 

"You really shouldn't have done that." Daniel said, slight irritation in his voice. I didn't care. 

"I was all ready for the day Daniel. Do you know how long it takes my maids to do makeup that I personally don't think I need? It isn't enjoyable, let me tell you."

 I swam at a snail's pace, due to the heaviness of my dress, to the shallow end of the vast pool. Finding the tiled flooring with my feet, I trudged through the water and found the steps, slowly rising out of the water like the sun rises from the horizon. I squeaked with every step I took and my feet made sloshing noises whenever they pressed down on my heels. Figures, the one day the heels have some sort of padding in them. I was not happy, and I guess now the rest of my day will be spent wallowing in my room. 

"Sol." Daniel said, no longer laughing.

 I was spoiling his fun by leaving. Good; I wasn't in a fun mood. I spun around to face him and opened my mouth to speak, until I heard Prince Presley's laugh.

 "Wow," he said as I turned around. "You two sound like an old married couple."

 I glared at him, stomping over to his graceful yet masculine figure. 

"And you're a nuisance." I shot back before shoving my arms in front of me. My hands made direct contact with his sides and Prince Presley went tumbling down into the water, landing with a splash beside Daniel. I clucked my tongue before turning towards the door again. But before I even took a step, they flew open. And there stood King Maxon and Matthew.

 Grate.

 I watched as Matthew inspected me, eyeing my body up and down. I must not have been a pretty sight. From the water filled dress, to the scary makeup dripping down my face, to my currently knotted and frizzing, sopping wet hair. Of course, I decided to leave it down today. I just couldn't have gotten lucky today.

 Eventually, Matthew's aqua eyes turned away from me and landed on the two figures in the pool; the two disheveled princes. 

"What is the meaning of this?" King Maxon asked, trying to keep his tone calm. Matthew stayed silent beside him, his face grim as his eyes moved back and forth between me and the two princes.