Chapter 35

"There is no way that you haven't done that Asher." I said as Matthew, Daniel, and I all put down a finger. Asher shook his head, a small frown appearing on his face. 

"I have not," he admitted sadly. "I have not had my first kiss."

 "I don't believe that," Daniel said and Matthew nodded. "You definitely display the confidence of a man who has had his first." Asher's eyes narrowed. 

"Well, Prince Daniel, if a guard is not confident, he will fail."

 From the corner of my eye, Ace shifted his position and snuggled up against Daniel. It could possibly be the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Everyone was silent, until I broke it. 

"Okay... I think it's my turn. Never have I ever had a sister." 

As I giggled, all three of them groaned and put down their final finger. I had one left. Throwing my hands into the air, I jumped up and started to bounce with excitement. It reminded me of Willow; it reminded me of the old me. The me before the gowns, shoes, food, etiquette, and royalty in my constant presence. 

"I win! I win!" I hollered and Asher rolled his eyes. Daniel just threw his hand in a indifferent motion and turned his attention toward Ace. Matthew, however, stood up with a closed mouth smile on his face and clapped. 

"I don't think that I have seen this side of you?" he commented as I calmed my body down. Cocking my head, I grinned.

 "Really? I used to be like this all the time." I felt my smile falter and Matthew's hand brushed against my arm, making me look up at him again. 

"I'd love to see that side of you more often." Matthew said with a smile and winked. I giggled and my cheeks turned a light red blush, that was, until I felt daggers in my side. Glancing quickly to my left and downward, I was met with Daniel's cold gaze. His eyebrows were arched downward, and a stern frown was present on his face; all the while he was rubbing Ace's stiff fur coat. Shivering, I looked back at Matthew; who I assume had followed my previous gaze to Daniel. They were glaring at each other, like arch nemesis's, saying nothing. I saw Asher stand up and grab my arm in a light and friendly manner. 

"I'm going to take Lady Sol over to the other Selected. They should be up any minute now, and then your father will tell them the news."

 As Asher led me away from the twin princes, I heard Matthew mumble under his breath; I was just close enough to hear. "That's a good idea. Take her there."

 When we were out of hearing range, I pulled Asher's ear closer to me. He yelped out and released my arm to cover his ear instead. Asher turned to yell at me, eyes narrowed, but I stopped him by covering his mouth with my hand. 

"Hush up, will you," I said and cast my eyes over toward Matthew and Daniel. They seemed to be in a deep conversation and Asher's yelp didn't catch their attention. "What the hell is going on?" 

Asher raised one eyebrow and gave me a really look. When my eyebrows muddled, he pointed to my hand over his mouth. Laughing uneasily, I removed my hand and wiped it on my gown.

 "What the hell is going on with what, Sol. You've got to be more specific." 

"Fine. With those two. Matthew and Daniel. What the hell is going on with Matthew and Daniel?" Asher closed his eyes and brought his thumb and index finger to the bridge of his nose. After a moment, he let them fall and signaled me to follow him. I did just that. 

"You have to choose." Asher said once we stopped in a corner. Mocking him from only minutes before, I put a teasing smirk on my face. 

"I have to choose what, Asher? You've got to be a little more specific." I could virtually see the steam coming out of his ears, and Asher's cheeks were bright red like a tomato. If Asher had a lid like a tea kettle, it would have been whistling loudly by now.