Chapter 13

I slowly peeled my eyes open to see Juliana beginning to open the black-out curtains, letting a flood-gate of light in from outside my glass balcony doors. I moaned and shielded my eyes as the light struck me. Sitting up in my bed and stretching my arms into the air, I let out a big yawn. I heard Starlet chuckle from inside my closet and she walked out of it with a beautiful lilac day dress in her hand.

"Good morning Lady Sol." She commented as Juliana finished opening my curtains.

"How did you sleep, Miss?" Juliana asked as Cassia came in to the room.

"Good morning to you too, Starlet. And I slept wonderfully Juliana. I think it's the best sleep I have ever had actually. I don't want to get up." I moaned without meaning it.

Cassia and my other maids started to laugh and Cassia put down a box on my nightstand before coming to my bedside.

"Well Lady Sol, you must get up. Unless of course, you don't want to have breakfast and than meet Prince Matthew and Prince Daniel." Cassia smirked and I pulled my dress to the side so I could stand up.

I now wish I had changed before I went to sleep last night, but the past is the past; I'll be over it in about five minutes. I looked Cassia in the eye and tried to put on my most serious expression.

"Fine Cassia, I'll get up for the food." I said and the four of us began to laugh again.

"Come now Lady Sol, I'm sure the princes will want to meet you." Starlet said and light blush formed on her face. 

"Oh, Starlet do you like one of the princes?" I questioned and cocked my right eyebrow.

A bashful smile formed on her face when she shook her head immediately.

"Of course not, Miss. Besides, even if I did, they have 70 girls at their beck and call, waiting for opportunity to be called on and  chosen." 

I blew a strand of hair out of my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Fair enough Starlet. Fair enough," I said and followed Juliana to the bathroom. "Though I for one will not be sitting around like a pretty china doll waiting for a man to play with me."

I sat down at the vanity like I had done the day before and my maids went straight to work. I closed my eyes and let Starlet's brushes tickle my face, trying my hardest not to laugh. My look today didn't take as long as last night's had, so I assumed they didn't want to do much with my hair.

Once my maids were done, I was led back into my room with Starlet guiding the way. We stopped in front of a mirror and Cassia went to get the lilac dress that Starlet had been holding before. While she was busy, I began to inspect myself.

My golden blonde hair, which was normally wavy, was in loose curls and the strands in the front were braided and pulled back to the center of my head. They were tied off with a small clear elastic and the bottoms of those two pieces were curled. Tied around the elastic was a dark purple ribbon. Small diamond earrings were in my ears, and my makeup was natural. Clear lip gloss coated my lips and they had a slight hint of vanilla. I knew the look they were going for, simple yet beautiful without trying. It made me feel more like myself.

"Okay Lady Sol, please step inside." Cassia instructed me as Juliana held the lilac dress open wide so I wouldn't step on it.

When the dress was zipped up, I was in awe once again. The lilac made my skin look slightly tanner, and I loved the color. The dress was wrapped at the top until the top of my stomach. After that, going down until a little above my waist, was an empire waist of the same lilac color. From right above my hips, the lilac skirt flowed down to right above my knee caps.