Sea Salt

The large tides of the vast ocean danced across the shore while the sun gently settled over the glistening sea. Subtle rays of radiant golden light shimmered softly against the ocean. With her hands leaning against the port deck of a large ship Sylvia sighed yearningly. She fiddled with a golden heart shaped lock in her delicate hands as her gaze was locked unto the beautiful sea.

“Sylvia,” A nonchalant voice said, “What are you doing out here?” Sylvia could not help it as a smile curled upon her lips. “Well I am admiring the ocean,” She said briskly as she turned away from the silver railing. “But you are admiring it everyday,” Nathan said calmly as he adjusted his thick rimmed glasses while patting Sylvia on the back warmly. “What else would I be doing?” She said while her scarlet lace dress swayed gently.

"Come on will you," Nathan said while clasping his hands together, "It is cold out here." Sylvia put her hand on her curvy hip while shaking her head slowly. "Fine worrywart," She said flatly as she rolled her eyes, "Only if it gets you to stop whining about me doing this." "Well…," Nathan trailed off momentarily as he began to smile from ear to ear before nudging Sylvia, "I can not promise you that now you know." Sylvia stepped down from the port deck and mumbled softly, "Of course not." She gazed out into the vast ocean one more time before starting to walk with Nathan into the extravagant ship. “You look nice,” Nathan said nonchalantly before clearing his throat, “By the way.”

“Heh thank you,” Sylvia said before bowing playfully, “Same to you you know.” Seemingly on cue, Nathan adjusted his ebony tie while mumbling something inaudible under his breath. “You know Amy has been waiting for you,” Nathan said as he held open a wide door for Sylvia. Sylvia’s arched eyebrows rose and she said hastily, “Wait, really?” Nathan nodded gently before she paused hesitantly.

She glanced up at Nathan briefly before sighing softly. "You know that I did everything I could.. right?" She questioned steadily. Nathan nodded once more, "I know," Nathan said faintly while he rubbed the back of his neck, "You only remind me of it everyday." Sylvia huffed blaringly before walking gracefully into the spacious room. Extravagant chandeliers hung from the tall ceiling and the orchestra’s playing swiftly added grace into the air. Nathan gently closed the wide doors before standing beside Sylvia. “Welp,” Nathan looked around the room slowly, “Follow me will ya.” Sylvia nodded before promptly following Nathan around.

They passed rows of wide seats and wealthy folks almost with ease. Nathan glanced at a waiter briefly as they served fruit to a young lady.

“Oh.”

Nathan stopped hesitantly and Sylvia did the same. “What are you doing here?” “Amy, did you forget?” “Wait what are you…,” Amy trailed off as her forest colored eyes locked on Sylvia, “Mmm.” Sylvia now stood besides Nathan and she adjusted her scarlet sleeves casually. “I think I will leave you two…,” He glanced at them both leisurely before walking away.

Pause.

Pause..

Pause…

“So…,” Sylvia said while Amy rubbed the back of her neck hesitantly. “How are you?” Amy glanced briefly up at Sylvia. “I am doing fine and you?” “Doing good,” Sylvia replied hastily before crossing her arms over her chest and raising her brow. “What is up with you lately,” Sylvia said slowly. “What the hell do you mean,” Amy scoffed while furrowing her brow, “You know damn well what is up with me-” “I do not know,” Sylvia said bluntly, “You have been acting off ever since-” “And you know what that is your fault-”

“Excuse me,” A firm voice interrupted Amy swiftly, “I need to borrow Sylvia for a second.” Petra put her arm around Sylvia’s neck and guided her across the room. “What the hell is going on?” Petra whispered sternly as she removed her arm from her friend’s neck. Sylvia scoffed and shook her head a little bit, “Amy is being Amy,” She said plainly while Petra ran her fingers through her short ginger locks. Sylvia sighed while blankly gazing at Petra.

“You should go back outside,” Petra said earnestly as she pinched the bridge of her nose, “As you know, Amy has been very… volatile lately.” “No kidding Petra,” Sylvia said faintly. Petra slowly put her hand on Sylvia’s shoulder and looked straight into her blue eyes. “Just do this for me okay,” Sylvia’s gaze averted momentarily, “Please.” “I can not tell you how tired I am of this whole Amy situation,” Sylvia said quickly. “I know you are,” Petra said defeatedly while squeezing Sylvia’s shoulder gently. Petra glanced over in Amy’s direction. “She has been different since the… incident.” “I just want my best friend back,” Sylvia mumbled distantly before walking back outside.

Sylvia huffed before setting her hands against the railing slowly. The gentle gusts of wind made her long hair sway and she shook her head. “God,” Sylvia clenched her fists, “I miss the way you used to be.” Amy’s perfect smile brightened up every single room she had walked into and the warmth that she had for Sylvia was unfathomable. She remembered everytime that she saw her Amy never hesitated to pull her into a gentle embrace. She remembered when they had both stood side by side, taking on the challenges of the world and now they were merely nothing to each other. Sylvia’s fists clenched before she exhaled slowly. Ever so slowly, Sylvia took a deep breath and pulled out a small jar with a dark powder in it. For a moment, she moved her hand towards the ocean before pulling it back quickly. Amy's perfect smile seemingly haunted her. Her brow furrowed briefly and Sylvia ended up getting lost in the pretty colors merging in the sky. A sigh escaped Sylvia's lips as she recalled when her, Amy, and Petra had the best group hug one time. Sylvia hesitantly let go of the small jar as her gaze got lost in the deep sea.

---
A very unique one shot compared to the others. Decided to mix an old piece of writing I had with the fandom. Requests for one shots are open by the way.

-Mcsmfangirl <3