Don't Hit Reset

"Your going to push it aren't you?" Jesse asked faintly.

Lukas halfway turned around and sighed quietly.

Jesse leaned back in the comfy chair she was sitting on and glanced up at him.

"Go ahead, it's alright," She said softly as she crossed her leg over the other.

Lukas glanced at the red button that was on the pedestal and hesitantly took a step back.

He glanced at Jesse.

"No this isn't ok! None of this is ok! I-I can't do this... and I don't get how you can be so calm about this!?" Lukas snapped, losing his cool, "Don't you realize what could happen to you!"

Jesse got off the small chair she was sitting on and took a step forward. She exhaled slowly and said, "It's fine Lukas, this isn't the real me anyway. The real me is long gone and you know it. So why don't you do us both a favor and reset and you won't even have to worry about me anymore."

Lukas' eyes widened at her words and he gasped sharply.

The blood....

The pain in her dull eyes...

"H-How could you say something like that. I-I'm lucky to still have you here with me!"

"The real Jesse's gone and even if I'm just a fragment of her it doesn't matter! I know you want the real Jesse back Lukas... I can see it in your eyes," Jesse shouted, as she glanced up at him with glistening eyes.

"I... I," He stammered, her words hit him deep in his core and he knew full well that she spoke truthfully.

Jesse took a step forward and said, "Just push it Lukas, please. You know I can't, so why don't you just do it already! I know you just want to forget me, you don't have to hide it!" A few tears escaped Jesse's eyes and she quickly wiped her tears away.

Lukas felt his heart drop at her words as he bit his bottom lip harshly.

"I know you want nothing to do with me alright," Jesse said. She took a step closer towards Lukas, but she paused as she heard something crack.

Lukas gasped faintly and Jesse glanced down at her leg and saw a large glowing crack as if her leg were a fragile piece of ice or glass.

Jesse continued gazing at her leg and Lukas stood, frozen in place.

"Please Lukas just push the button," She pleaded quietly with her head bowed.

Lukas clenched his fists.

"Please, I beg of you."

Jesse laid in the snow, dull eyes half-open and blood oozing out of her dry mouth. The thick snow around her was coated in fresh blood.

"Jesse!" Lukas exclaimed, rushing up to her and falling to his knees beside her.

"L-Lukas," She mumbled, coughing afterwards.

"Jesse what happened!" Lukas exclaimed, his azure eyes wide.

Blood trickled down the palm of her shaking hand and blood dripped into the thick snow.

Lukas ran his hands through his golden hair and soon Olivia came rushing up to them.

"Jesse," Olivia whispered quietly, her dark purple pigtails swaying slowly in the crisp breeze.

Jesse's head turned towards Olivia and she coughed violently.

"What... Happened," Olivia mumbled as glossy tears began to form in the corner of her wide eyes.

"Jesse... I'm so sorry," Petra said as she held Jesse's freezing hand.

Petra had been there the whole time and she couldn't believe her eyes.

"I'm so so sorry," Petra whispered quietly.

"Petra... What in the world happened," Olivia asked Petra as she put her hands on her hips.

Petra shook her head and looked up at Olivia with pleading eyes.

"It...all," Petra broke down and was unable to finish her sentence.

"I'm.. So sorry."

Lukas pushed the button quickly and he watched as Jesse disappeared with the gusts of wind, vibrant sparkles emitting from where she had just stood a moment ago.

She was right...

He fell to his knees, defeated and head bowed.

"I... Didn't want to hit reset...," He muttered as tears streamed down his face, "But I can no longer handle only having a part of you..."

"Don't hit reset," Jesse whispered to Lukas.

"I'm sorry..."