Worst Nightmare

The midnight sky was filled with dark and gloomy clouds. A harsh breeze blew making the hero's ebony quiver sway slightly. She dashed throughout the city, the stuff in her pockets jingling ever, so softly.

Her footsteps collided with the concrete beneath her, a clacking sound coming from the bottom of her raven colored boots. She spotted a ladder on the side of a gray industrial building near her. She sprinted towards the ladder and leaped, clutching the bars of the ladder as it swayed lightly. She hastily put one foot onto the next bar as she moved her arm up, grasping the next bar above her.

The hero swiftly climbed up the ladder, a soft rattling sound echoing off the wall and into the empty streets. She climbed up as fast as lightning, gritting her teeth as the cold pierced through her leather finger-less gloves. The wither slayer reached the top bar and quickly moved unto the roof and kneeled. She quickly looked behind her making sure no one was following her.

She hastily took a peep at her compass, making sure that she was still going the right way, thankfully she was. Another freezing breeze blew, harshly rippling her short brunette bangs. With no more time left to waste she leapt back unto her feet and sprinted towards the edge of the building. Jesse jumped unto a ledge grasping it with one hand while her feet dangled below her. Jesse jumped off the building, swiftly taking out her grappling hook and in mid-air aimed it at a random ledge of another building and shot it.

Dark grey rope shot out and before her feet touched the dense concrete the grappling hook yanked her up which knocked the breath out of her during the process. Jesse went up and up and up until...

SNAP!!

The rope suddenly broke sending Jesse plummeting down towards the concrete below her. She quickly grabbed a ledge below her with one hand, her legs dangling beneath her. The rope on the other hand brushed against her skin and landed on the concrete below. Jesse looked up, scanning the area for who ever may have cut her expensive rope.

A hooded person loomed above her, a smirk set upon their lips. Jesse glared at them which only made the hooded person shake their head in disapproval. The moon shone upon the two who stared each other up and down. Knowing exactly who each other were.

Jesse growled, muttering under her breath before she let go of the ledge. She expertly tucked and rolled, landing safely unto the ground, kneeling once again. She glanced back up where the hooded person was only to see that they were gone.

Jesse swiftly put her hand in the inside of her ebony boot until she felt the handle of her small blade. She yanked it out deciding to be prepared for anything. She looked in every direction before starting to sprint again. Her feet pounding against the concrete beneath her. Her plain raven colored bandanna, providing her with warmth as she felt her warm breath heating her face.

"Thought I'd leave that quickly." Jesse looked up seeing the hooded person on a rooftop above her. Jesse rolled her eyes, a large frown on her face again. She kept running, clutching the leather handle. "No, actually I didn't." Jesse replied through gritted teeth. The pest ran faster and jumped down in front of Jesse who didn't hesitate to take out pepper spray and spray it into their eyes. "Ugh! My....eyes!" The person wailed, rubbing their now red and watery eyes.

"Should have left me alone then!" Jesse shouted as she started to sprint again, shoving the person out of the way who grunted and groaned as they fell to the floor. Jesse made a sharp left going into a dark alleyway. "Should just be-," She cut herself short when suddenly she was grasped by her wrist and yanked into a building. "What gives!" Jesse exclaimed nearly falling and starting to struggle against the person's tight grip.

"Shush! Are you trying to get us caught!?" The grumpy voice exclaimed finally letting go of her wrist. "Did you get it?" Another voice pitched in. "Yes," Jesse said in a hushed tone, taking out the precious item out of her leather pocket, "And it was a handful to get too," Jesse added putting a hand on her hip, as a soft baby blue light radiated from the object. It was a snow globe-ish thing that could be easily mistaken for a snow globe, but if you looked close enough you could see images popping up in it. Ivor gazed at the object and then examined Jesse noticing her right leg was bleeding.