Taken

Jesse Pov (5 years old) :

I was watching my mom who was cooking pasta. I loved my mommy very much who wouldn't. My dad died before I was born, so I only had my mom. I always admired my moms shiny brunette hair. It was always long and wavy. I got up leaving the couch I was sitting on and went to the office and looked through a bookshelf.

I found a photo book. It was cyan with a gold outline. I opened it and I found a picture of me, my mom, and my dad. I took it, running back into the kitchen. I was about to show my mom when I heard something break which sounded like glass. My mom turned around instantly making eye contact with me before breaking it, then she quoted, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me." She picked me up putting me underneath the floorboards. "Stay here and be quiet." She whispered, tears flowing down her face, as a worried expression grew.

At that moment I knew something was wrong, she never cried, well at least not in front of me. I peeked through the hole in the floorboard and I saw her look around frantically. She then took out her sword and said, "Show yourself!" No one replied. Instead, she was taken by surprise. I watched in horror as a sword went through her back sending her falling forward laying lifeless on the ground. 

Then, the person fled the scene leaving her there dropping something as they left. I got out of my hiding spot jolting to her, my heart breaking with each moment I looked at her, my hands trembling , my heart pounding, as I kneeled next to her facing her. Her eyes were giving me signs of life as she gazed at me her final moments near.

"I-I love you J-Jesse and nothing can ever change t-that, n-now y-you need to run t-to Petra's." She said her voice faint as blood spilled from her chest. "I-I'm n-not leaving y-you!" I said my voice cracking. "You m-must go," She said her voice even more faint than before,"I'll s-see you a-again s-someday." Then, her eyes closed and she poofed. She was gone, taken away from me.

I sprinted away from the house, toward Petra's house tears escaping from my eyes making a river as my heart ached.

3 minutes later

I reached her house and knocking as hard as I could on the door. I was now blubbering. Then, the door opened revealing a orange haired girl with a blue shirt, black shorts, and a worried expression on her face. "Are you okay? Where is your mom?" She asked before gesturing me to come in.

I didn't answer her. Instead, I followed her in, my hands still shaking uncontrollably. "Mom!" I heard Petra say. Petra's mom rushed in "Are you okay?" Petra's mom said. "Yes, but Jesse isn't." Petra said.

Petra's mom kneeled in front of me before asking me, "Are you okay?" I nodded my head 'no' before taking out the picture I had took out of the photobook. She looked at me puzzled as she looked at the picture.  "S-she d-di-," I couldn't bring myself to say the word.

Petra's mom then looked at me with realization and sorrow in her eyes as she said,"I'm so sorry." She then pulled me into a hug and Petra joined in realization sinking into her too and we all mourned over my mother.

Time skip: 13 years later

We were surrounded, mobs at every turn. Petra took out her sword ready to slash them, Olivia had her bow and arrow drawn, so did Lukas. Axel had his fist drawn ready to attack. They waited for my signal. "Now!" I shouted drawing my sword clutching the handle. Petra slashed the first mob, making it poof. Olivia and Lukas hit a creeper knocking it down, while Axel punched a zombie.

I now turned my attention to the mobs in front of me. I slashed the first one knocking it down and a spider lunged at me, which I dodged just in the nick of time only to pierce my sword into the spider, making it poof. "There's too many of them!" Olivia shouted. She was right we couldn't handle this many.