A Merry Season

Fresh snow covered the ground and small flurries silently fluttered down in the cool gentle breeze.

Children's cheerful laughter filled the air as they ran around, throwing big snowball's at each other.

Christmas carol's, songs full of cheer were heard everywhere and the merry season brought people joy.

But within the gates of beacon town, a fairly well known blonde was walking down the snow-covered road, his ebony leather jacket wrapped around him tightly. He was holding a sable bag and a small box was peeking out, a vibrant red ribbon neatly placed on it.

He was shivering violently, the cold air piercing right through his thin leather jacket. Flurries had also landed in his golden hair, but the lad didn't seem to notice.

Lukas reached the order hall and knocked on the door swiftly as he trembled violently.

The large door slowly opened and a weary brunette silently peeked out. Her dull dark brown eyes were the first thing Lukas saw.

"Lukas!" Jesse eagerly exclaimed, opening the door wider and immediatly tackling him in a tight hug.

Lukas wrapped his arm's around her, "Hey Jesse Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you as well Lukas!" Jesse exclaimed merrily.

She separated from him, "Oh you must be freezing! Come in, come in," Jesse said quickly, taking a step to the side as she noticed him shivering.

Lukas walked in the order hall and was instantly met with cozy warm air.

Jesse hastily closed the door, blocking out the crisp, icy, wind.

"I wasn't expecting you to come so early," Jesse said quickly as she walked over to a small box, "And on the downside I still haven't put up a lot of decorations yet."

Lukas slowly took a step closer to Jesse, "Do you want some help with that?"

"No no no," She shook her head swiftly and bent down, "I got it don't worry."

She opened the small crate, revealing shiny ornaments and some scarlet stockings that laid neatly underneath the vibrant ornaments.

Despite what Jesse had said, Lukas walked over to the crate and took a handful of the ornaments in his cold hand.

"Lukas," Jesse said faintly, "I can do it, really. Why don't you just relax."

Lukas shook his head a little, "I'd feel bad just standing around while you do all the work."

A comfortable silence fell between the two and Lukas walked over to the tall Christmas tree.

First, he set down the bag that he was holding tightly in his hand and then cautiously hung up the glossy ornaments.

Jesse smiled softly, grateful for Lukas' help. She hung up the red stockings, glancing at them warmly.

Different colored glitter was sprinkled on each one and the unique colors represented one of the order member's.

"Have you been busy lately?" Lukas asked quietly, glancing  over his shoulder to look at Jesse.

She nodded as she hung up the last stocking, "Believe me I've been extremely busy. It's always worse during the holidays," Jesse said, putting her hand on her hip.

Lukas hung up an ornament on the small pine leaves.

"I barely have time to do thing's like this," She said, sighing quietly afterwards.

"Why don't you get an assistant, so you won't have so much on your plate," Lukas suggested as he hung the last ornament up on the tree.

"I'd feel bad, but I must admit that's actually not a bad idea," Jesse said softly, tapping her chin for just a moment.