Back to Work

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I stirred as I awoke, rubbing my eyes and yawning. I wanted to go back to sleep and enjoy my slumber to simply get away from everything, but as much as I would like to I couldn't, just simply couldn't, wouldn't, and shouldn't.

I sat up in my bed tossing the warm cyan covers off of me. Immediately I was welcomed by the freezing air. I shivered instantly wanting to be in the cozy warm covers again, but I'd be late if I'd do that!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The constant beeping waking me up even more. I looked at the clock 5:00 a.m I leaned closer to it and pushed a small button with my finger turning off the alarm.

I strecthed my arms, wide. Another yawn escaped my mouth. I stood up and started walking to the door that led to the corrider. I took hold of the golden door knob and sighed. I slowly opened the door knob, opening it wide enough for me to fit through.

I put my arms together and rubbed them as I was met with piercing air, once again, but this time much more colder.

I'm really glad that I know this place by heart considering that its easy to wander around in the dark. I put my hand on the wall, my fingers gliding on the smooth paint, yet dust laid on the once colorful paint.

I sighed, I could hear their laughter, I could still see their sky high smiles, even their arguing was as fresh as day in my mind.

Replaying over and over again, haunting me. Its just me now. I have no one to open up to anymore, no one to laugh with, no one to share my problems with. We're all separate, two in different sides of the world, Lukas is writing away like his life depends on it, and Petra, no one knows where she is in the world.

"Jesse, I just can't stay put in Beacon town. I've been thinking about what you said and I agree adventuring is just.... the closest that I have to a thing." She walked to the window sill frame leaning her elbows against it, "I don't belong in Beacon town Jesse, but...," she paused taking her elbows off the sill and turning to face me, "But, I don't want to lose you," Her voice cracked and she paused clearing her throat.

"Look Jesse, you mean a lot to me and you've been there more than anyone else, you've been by my side the whole time," she looked away from me putting her hand on her elbow and rubbing it, "But I don't want to leave....if it means losing you," She finished her voice filled with mixed emotions, tears sliding down her face.

I took a deep breath, a few tears of my own falling down my face. "I'll be in Beacon town then...," I put a hand on her shoulder and her midnight eyes met mine, "And I'll be waiting."

She wiped a few tears with her glove and instantly wrapped her arms around my back. I immediately hugged her back.

"Thank you, Jesse."

My hand slid off the wall to a door. I reached for the door knob which took me awhile to find. I opened it and slid through turning on the light.

I looked into the mirror. My hair was very messy, tangles everywhere, some of my hair sticking up, bags underneath my eyes, several cuts and bruises marking my face. A deep gash underneath my lip as well as a burn mark on my elbow. I sighed as I saw the orange bottle filled with pink pills. I took the gray cap off of the bottle and put it on the counter.

I had to take one at least everyday. I hesitantly reached for the bottle and opened it. Taking one of the pills and holding it in the palm of my hand.

With my other hand I opened up the glass cabinet were other pills and plastic cups were. I started to violently cough nearly dropping my pill in the process. I sniffed. I can't believe that I actually forgot what it was like to be sick!