Mute

The rain drizzling, my skirt billowing. The clouds dark and grey. I clutched my jacket, silently wishing the storm would stop already.

I readjusted my drenched backpack and trudged through the muddy grass. Great I'm going to have mud all over my boots...

I stepped over some grass that looked muddy only to feel something soft and mushy underneath my boot. Ew! Gross...

Its no use avoiding the mud now. I quickly walk across the plains, mud covering the heels of my boots. I keep walking and see a scarlet rose in the end of the plains. I pick it up and hold it in the palm of my hand before putting it in my pocket. Something new to decorate my room with and I know exactly where to put it!

I continue walking and the 'pitter patter' of the rain becomes harder. I look at my soaked waterproof watch, 7:51. I have plenty of time left. Maybe I'll have time to see my friends if they are early! It'd be, so much easier though if I didn't have to write down everything...

The hood of my jacket suddenly blew off as the wind began to pick up. Scowling, I grab the hood and put it back over my head. Great now my hair is going to be frizzy.

I pick up the pace, starting to jog until I reach a sidewalk. It should be to my left if I recall correctly. I look to my left. Yep there it is, Crystal River Middle School. My last year here at this school...about time.

I start walking towards it when a passing gray car hits a puddle of water and it splashes all over my cyan jacket and boots. Hooray, just what I needed!

I swiftly run towards the steps, just wanting to get out of the storm. I walk up the stairs and open the tinted doors. I walk in the building and start heading to my locker. Locker, 101 was mine last year and the year before. I scan each of the dark blue lockers numbers until my eyes spot mine.

I passed a few boys and girls, who just stared at me while whispering. Ignoring them, I awkwardly shuffle to my locker looking at the hardwood floor as I did. Once I reach my locker I look up and see a sticky note.

I take the small light pink paper off and idmetially scan it.

Meet us in the cafeteria -Petra.

I crumble the paper and put it in my jacket. Taking the lock in my hand I begin to put in the combination, 5, then 20, then 3. I hear a 'click' and the locker opens. I take all of my school books (that we put in on the last day of school). I leaned my backpack against the open blue locker.

I unzipped my backpack and put my textbooks in. I zipped my red and white stripped backpack up and heaved it up against my shoulder. I take the maroon rose out of my pocket and carefully put it in my now clear locker.

I slam the locker shut and take out a small key from my pocket and put it in the lock and turn it, closing the lock.

I quickly scurry to the cafeteria, making a left at the end of the hall. Instantly I saw hundreds of people, some new, some that I seen before, some I never seen in my life while others were in line ordering their breakfast.

I scanned the cafeteria and then I spotted them, walking over to me. Huge smiles set upon their lips. I instantly run over to them, a smile now set upon my face. I engulf them all in a group hug and they all melted into the hug. Soon, I let go.

"I'm soooo happy to see you again, Jesse!" Olivia said, fiddling with a string of her hair. "How's Reuben?" She asked, starting to readjust her beanie.

I unzip my jacket and take out my journal and pen from the inside of my jacket pocket and flip to a new page. Axel, Petra, and Olivia watched eagerly making me smile.