Lucky

Jesse Pov: 

"GO! GO! RUN!" I shouted at my friends as the temple was collapsing. We ran. Enormous boulders crashed down nearly hitting Lukas. I looked up to see another boulder about to crash down and crush Lukas.

I pushed him out the way. Quickly thinking I rolled out of the way barely missing the boulders impact. Lukas held out his hand which I grabbed. He pulled me up and we continued to run towards the only visible exit.

I watched as the others made it out. Lukas and I were almost there getting closer and closer with each step. When, we were almost out I felt my body jerk forward. I would have fall if my friends weren't there. Petra and Olivia had caught me before I could hit the ground.

I turned around as the temple came crashing down Lukas barely making it out as boulders crashed down behind him. He fell as a huge rock crushed his legs. I got out of Petra's and Olivia's grasp as I ran towards Lukas who was breathing rapidly choking on his breaths. He grunted in pain as he tried to move his legs.

"Don't move you'll just make it worse." I said. "Anyone got a pickaxe?" I asked as the others approached me. "Actually....yes." Olivia said taking out a diamond pickaxe. I watched her as she began to mine the stone. 

"It'll be okay." I said comforting him. His breaths began to slow a longer gap with each breath. Then, the stone broke and Lukas had a relieved look on his face as it did. Olivia put her pickaxe back in her inventory.

Lukas legs lay limp. Every time he tried to move them he would grunt in pain. "I'm l-lucky to survive." He said to me. "Aren't we always lucky?" I said.

"Yes we are!" The rest of the group said in unison as they all grinned at each other.