Soldier

Your feet pump rapidly against the dense ground and you breathe heavily, your lungs red and dry.

You make a sharp left and jolt down some steps, your eye set on your captain a few feet away from you.

"Shi-," You hear a voice breaking up, "...Whe...re are you!"

"We're on a-," Your captain shouts, but a sudden explosion knocks you off your feet and the glass from your helmet cracks.

Your vision blurs and you roll over. You gaze at another soldier near you before turning to your other side.

Your ears are ringing and you find it hard to hear anything.

Your body is submerged in water and a soldier leans towards you.

Your best friend, Olivia shakes you vigorously and you struggle to keep your eyes open for a few moments.

For some time you forget about the deep bullet hole lodged into your side. Luckily your bullet proof vest has prevented you from any death-like scenarios.

You suddenly turn and gaze upwards to see your captain's stern face. "On your feet soldier!" Your captain yells, forecefully bringing you to your feet.

"Come on!" Your captain yells, motioning with their hands. You find yourself suprised that you can hear your captain's voice over the loud ringing in your ears.

You don't hesistate to sprint out of there. Your captain is ahead of you along with your two battle buddies.

Up ahead you see the water rising and you start panicking slightly.

This encourages you to run even faster especially since you don't fancy drowning anytime soon.

The heavy weight of bags and uneeded accessories weigh you down, but you contuinue to push yourself to the limit.

You tell yourself that you've been trained for this. You tell yourself how long it took you to reach this point in your military career.

You pump your legs even faster and you start to get cramps in your side, but you don't let that stop you.

A large amount of water suddenly bursts a hole in the cheap bulkhead and you stumble a bit, your shoulder ramming into the bulkhead.

You hear gunfire coming from behind and you see tiny yellow sparks whiz right by you. You grit your teeth.

You instantly regain your balance and hastily rush up the aluminum ship ladder, taking two steps at a time. It's not long before you reach the top and at that moment you couldn't be more grateful that your actually in shape.

Your ears are still ringing, but not as bad as before and you can properly take in the chaos around you again.

Your captain rushes out of the door and you do the same. The boat suddenly rocks harshly to one side, knocking you over.

You hit your arm on a metal rail and you quickly scramble to your feet as you hear shouting coming from behind you. You barely catch a glimpse of your captain and you jolt after them.

"We're on are way big bird!" Your captain shouts, using code words. Your lingering behind, but you continue to sprint.

You make a sharp right and the ship rocks. You stumble, but quickly regain your balance.

Your legs pump faster and you spot the helicopter up ahead a little ways from the railing.

"Jump for it!" Your captain yells just as they jump.

You leap over the rail yourself and using all your might you barely manage to get a grip on a piece of metal by the passenger seats.

Your feet dangle below you and your grip is gradually loosening. You try to climb back up, but your hands are soaking wet with water.

You slip.

You fall.

You shriek.

Something stops you from falling and you look up, seeing your captain's earnest face.

Your captain hastily pulls you up and you swear your heart is beating so fast against your chest.

Your captain manages to pull you up in one piece and you feel your heartbeat calm slightly, but your captain's words seem to soothe you even more.

"No soldier left behind," Your captain roughly pats your shoulder staring at you with an unreadable straight face,

"Soldier."

---

Eh short, but at least you lived! .-.

Could've killed you.

Should've killed you.

But Nah! You may live.

This oneshot is actually inspired by call of duty remastered hooray! (Yes I play call of duty .-.)

Eh I loved writing this one because it was based on the military! .-.

And yes, you were in the military in this one!