49- Aurora

( Cruz P.O.V. )

Six months is a long time. It felt even longer if you were waiting for something.

With a lot effort on my part and the dread of finding her, the day had finally come.

The thing about my connection with Aurora is that I could sense her existence even if we were miles apart. All along, somewhere in the back of my mind and heart, I knew she was still alive. I didn't care what others had to say. I trusted myself and I believed she wasn't gone. At least, not for forever.

Today, I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve, and my friendship with the boys hanging by the thread. Honestly, no males in their right mind would agree with me. They wouldn't consider what I'm doing smart. A friendship of a life time compared to a few months fling. Everyone seemed to believe that the bonds between us guys are much stronger, much, much more valuable than any romantic relationship.

In my opinion? They just haven't found a girl like mine.

Aurora, to me, will never come second. She will always be my priority as she had been my only source of happiness for as long as she had been in my life. My soul was molded to fit hers. It even fed off of hers at one point but that's not the issue. Our bond is not something I can just ignore. A girl like her, a man like me doesn't get the opportunity to stumble upon everyday.

She was pure. I was full of sin.

She was cotton white. I was pitch black.

She was an angel. I was a demon.

In my whole life, I had never met a woman who had literally not a single bad bone in her body. Aurora was my first. I was never fond of innocent girl. Inexperienced woman doesn't excite me. But I got to admit, it was her looks at first that draw me in. Her core and her personality were what I stayed for. I never truly get the meaning of the word precious when it was being used to describe a person. How could someone be precious? Fragile— that I could understand. But precious?

When I looked at Aurora, I saw another whole world in her eyes. The world which I wished to escape to. Every time we were together, my soul was peaceful. I lived in the world full of gun, fire, hatred and death. Speaking metaphorically, she was this young, full of life, graceful woman sitting at the complete opposite side of the table.

I knew there was a possibility that we could stumble upon one just like Aurora. As the asshole— Ralph had said before I left his stupid penthouse that day, we had no trouble finding another one prettier. He might not be completely wrong. Although, it would be hard considering Aurora was far above average when it comes to looks. She got the whole package going on. But does outer appearance make up for the significant emotions she has stirred up inside us? The love which we're trying to keep in check, but each days she was gone, it grew even stronger. Even messier.

Putting out the fire of passion now was far too late. For the time being, I want her.

I'm Cruz Collins. I get what I fucking want.

"Mr. Collins, do you wish for the piano to be moved upstairs, in Miss's room as well?" Dorothy, one of my interior designers I had hired to redecorate my condo asked as she approached me at the bar.