69- Mr. F & Mr. E

Tuesday night and here I am. Sitting in bed, typing paragraphs away in my laptop, trying to finish this last page of our group's assignment.

Out of the corner of my eye, I tried not to be bothered but the fact that I was the only one working so hard and my two teammates couldn't be any less interested in the research paper. They were on their laptop. But neither one of them was typing.

"Blaire, check this out. Moschino just launched their new collection today, and look at this mini purse." The darker-haired girl said to Blaire.

Blaire is my classmate. We aren't close to one another. She just happened to be in my class and the only two people left for me to group up with were her and her minion, or I have to go with the other two guys. I didn't have a choice. I couldn't work or function well around men, so Blaire and her friend was my only hope.

It was only a one-night project. We are supposed to turn in and present our assignment tomorrow in class. But seeing at this rate, plus the amount of work Blaire and her friend could get done in the past four hours, I had a feeling that it's going to take us all night to unravel even a portion of this report.

"Aurora, where's your roommate?" I heard Blaire ask but ignored her question as I was to busy, trying to finish her part of the work.

"Girl, we asked you a question."

"It's okay, Nola. Let her work." Blaire said, smugly, "I mean I could guess why Elle didn't want to be here."

Oh you could?

"Doesn't it bother you that you don't have any friends?"

I looked up at Blaire.

"Can you please get your part of the work done, so we could wrap this up and go to bed?" I said.

"It's only ten p.m." Blaire taunted, looking down at her wristwatch, "Don't be such a nerd, Aurora. We're trying to help you out here."

I took a deep breath.

"Thanks, but I don't need your help." But if someone could shit her up, I would forever be grateful.

Before the last straw that my patience could snap, I heard the door creak and the chattering between Blaire and her friend died down.

The last time I saw her was last week and that was four days ago. Tonight, Elle made her reappearance and it seemed she had been blessed with a sense to know when people are feeling uncomfortable and wanting to be saved. She looked at me once before her eyes refocused to Blaire and her friend who were sitting at the foot of my bed.

"Hey." Elle greeted us.

"Hey, Elle." Blaire greeted her back, and I knew no one apart from her own friend saw it coming when Blaire asked Elle, "Did you just get back from class?"

Elle merely nodded. But she wasn't looking at Blaire though. She was busy slipping out of her boots and taking off her coat.

"Nice jacket." Blaire added, desperately.

"Thank." Elle's voice lacked any interests.

I honestly couldn't stand the awkwardness anymore, so had to turn my attention to what was in front of me. I resumed working, hoping Blaire and her friend took that as their cue to do the same. But no, it was as if they were more interested in Elle than their GPA this semester.