66- Rose

"Rosalie Eleanor Waldorf!"

Flowers.

Christmas tree.

Easter bunny.

A whole dead turkey on my dining table.

I looked around my penthouse and wasn't surprise to spot no staffs or butlers. Everyone must have been ordered to leave the estate, and the only person who has the guts to do all this could not be anyone else.

"Wow. I love the way you always assume the best of my existence, brother."

Entering the dining hall was no one, but my lovely younger sister. Dressed in a pastel pink cocktail dress and her hair appearing to be nicely done. She had this mischievous look playing on her face.

I pulled face at her, arching an are you kidding me eyebrows.

"I know you're not those type that would feel the need to celebrate any holidays with their family. Especially, with the situation between you and our parents now."

"So you decided to turn my apartment into your playground and redecorate my entire living room?"

"The word you're looking for is thank you, sister. Or thank you, Rosie will do.

"Rosalie, I have works to do." I snapped.

"Ugh. Couldn't the whole company wait." She groaned.

"Companies." My glance narrowed, "Don't you forget that since you ditched me to take care of our family business all by myself, I'm not just dealing with a local pizza shop and a homemade lemonade stand here."

"See, brother." She chuckled like it's funny, "Humor can be useful and fun. I love this sarcastic side of you."

My eyes rolled.

"And I kind of miss those time back then when people would just leave me alone." I sneered.

"Come." Rosalie waved her hand, signaling me to follow her to the dining room, "These people had been anticipating your arrival."

My eye refocused and immediately I spotted not two, but four figures standing in the corner of my dining room.

My parents, Zayn and Cruz.

How did I not see them earlier?

"Happy birthday, dickhead." I glared at Zayn.

"It's not my birthday yet, cock."

He laughed.

"Cute nicknames, guys." Rosalie scoffed, sarcastically, eying toward our parents who were very much watching the exchange between me and my two closest friends.

I scoffed.

"What're these two idiots doing here?"

"Oh, I am so glad you said two, brother." Rosalie added as I pointed with my glance toward them, and by them— I mean Zayn and Cruz.

Likewise, the three of us hadn't seen each other in ages. A couple months back, I had heard of them, but my attention was elsewhere.

A lot of changes I could spot, at least from Cruz. Particularly, appearance-wise but hopefully, personality-wise as well. Cruz, I believe, had recently just returned from his quick getaway trip. And by quick, I mean the vacation lasted about six months, not including the period of time where he would take frequent cruises on his yacht and spent his night and day in that isolated temporary floating home. He also invited Zayn and I to keep his company. But unlike Cruz, my and Zayn's business couldn't be monitored from another land with no internet and phone signal. On this score, Cruz was more fortunate that the two of us. He remained a free spirit, but came back looking about ten years older and a few shades darker. But he doesn't look bad at all. Rosalie seemed to agree with me so, judging from the way she had been eying Cruz and urging to rip her eyelashes off by bashing them at him.