54- Chosen mistake

Red. I see red.

Staring back at Ace, the little voice in my head screamed, thunderously. It is over. We are over. There was no way he could forgive me, understand me or still looked at me the same way. My expectation of us had now just ended in a black void and I'm swimming— drowning in an ocean of guilt.

"Who's Rafael Waldorf, Aurora?" Ace asked, bitterly. His tone depicted he was very serious and wanted his question answered, "Who's he to you?" He repeated again once I failed to reply.

My lips were half paralyzed. A number of emotions were visible on Ace's face; pain being the most prominent one. It hurts me to see him like this. He didn't deserve this. I didn't deserve him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He accused.

Foolishly, I assumed he already knew. Otherwise, what're the good reasons? Why is he acting so mad for? It just wouldn't make any sense.

"Because I was embarrassed." I admitted, defiantly, sensing something menacing radiated from Ace. No doubt, he probably thought I was foolish. Disgusting. Ignorant for trusting them.

"How come?"

The words felt like acid in my throat.

"I mean, would you be okay with it?"

Several times before, I had considered telling Ace everything. About my past. About them. But no time felt like the right time. Or maybe, I was just trying to avoid facing this whole exchange.

When Ace took a step forward, bringing himself closer to me but yet, not close enough for me to reach him, I know he meant to do so.

Our eyes locked and for the first time, there were no butterflies. Every part of me felt immobilized. Just empty. Numb.

"I have exs, too, you know." Ace sneered. His eyebrows merely drew down and I couldn't have looked at him harder.

"It's normal to date more than one person in your life. Just not at the same time."

I was more than confused. Wanting to ask him what he meant by that but he didn't allow me a chance.

"You dated him." He claimed with confidence, "Things didn't work out. Big deal? You guys broke up. That's life. You both did nothing wrong."

You see, I did nothing wrong. Him, on the other hand, did quite a lot.

"Ace, what're you talking about?" I asked, perplexed. I really had no idea what he was talking about. I wasn't even lying, or trying to make myself appear innocent. I just really, really didn't get it.

Sighing, Ace reached out to me, he grabbed me by the waist, but gently.

"You told me you've never had a boyfriend before."

I gaped at him. I actually never had a boyfriend before.

"You and Rafael." He sighed again, "You guys dated."

I continued to gape at Ace. Say what?

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought we agree to never lie to each other."