real life. + messages.

trigger warning: sexual assault

-

the morning at the landeskog residence was going swell. gabe had the bright (not really) idea to have some players over. like ej, cale, nazem, jt, nate, mikko and a few others. jasmine had a late-night facetiming oliver and completely forgot that they were coming over for a team breakfast. apparently, gabe did that every so often. to say she was exhausted would be an understatement, she and oliver, unfortunately, spent their 7th anniversary apart and had dinner/dessert over facetime. 

jasmine was awoken by loud laughter and jolted in bed. 

"fuck" she breathed out trying to find some leggings and a tank- maybe she could escape and go for a run? she put on her apple watch, did her typical morning routine, and was ready with her phone/airpods in hand. 

thankfully the stairs were right next to the front door, which was far enough away and out of sight from the dining room table that she could get out without a peep. 

just maybe, she thought. 

she tiptoed down the stairs and hear lini start to laugh at something, and that made her heart melt. zoey looked up from the room in front of her where the players were across from to the left and knew if zoey got up- she'd be caught. so she decided to bolt out the door. 

she put her airpods in and scurried, hoping to be out in three seconds. 

just her luck, she made it outside and jogged down the steps to the right of the house- hoping to get out of view from the breakfast being had. 

gabe looked over at zoey from across the dining room table, seeing her head perk up towards the hallway stairs, he had a feeling that jasmine was up. as soon as he thought that, the door opened and closed. melissa looked towards gabe immediately and she made her way over to the window and saw the tail end of the red-golden hair hit the bushes next store. 

melissa knew she had gone for a run, just to avoid the group of players. 

"did she leave?" he asked softly coming to meet her at the window and melissa nodded. gabe sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "i don't know how I'm gonna get her to feel comfortable enough around them but most importantly us. she feels like a burden in this house and that kills me." he said quietly to melissa and she nodded. 

"maybe just let her be? which i know is harder than said, but you need to let her come out on her own. she needs to feel comfortable on her own terms honey." she said and he nodded, before kissing her temple.