real life.

-

-

jasmine knocked on the newly purchased home of cale makar. she sighed, as she stood back and looked at her feet. she had just gotten out of the wonderland interview and did not want to go back to an empty house. she did not want to be alone with her thoughts. the interview had shaken her a bit, though she complied. she turned around, sniffling as she was about to walk back to her car that was parked. she regretted coming here. as soon as she lifted her foot, the door opened. she turned around as cale said her name. his eyebrows creased with confusion, and she walked up to him and hugged him. he instantly wrapped his arms around her, before bringing her inside.

he shut the door continuing to hug her, as she took in his warmth and presence. she'd miss being in his arms. he'd miss being in hers.

"are you ok?" he softly questioned, and she shook her head as tears threatened to spill. "they they asked about him." she whispered though cale had heard. cale's heart broke, as he pulled her in tighter and kissed her head. a minute later, she shifted, and looked up at cale who stared down at her. she sighed before leaning up and kissed him. he pulled her in as close as he physically could, and they both melted into the kiss. "you hungry?" he asked as they pulled apart, she blushed and nodded. he pulled her towards the kitchen as she looked around the house she had yet to see.

"you came at a perfect time since I'm masking pasta and meatballs." he smiled, as he looked back at her looking around. she met his eyes and nodded, following him. he pulled out his water jug and poured some for her and she gratefully took it.

about five minutes passed, with not one word spoken.

"i talked about you today." she smiled, and he peered behind him and caught her eye, she nodded to confirm. he looked back at the stove, blushing as usual.

"nice things i hope" he chirped picking up the pot of meatballs and pasta to distribute to the two plates he had set down. she nodded, smiling.

"hmm mmm. they asked me about scars and my little letter at the end and i told them about my scar on my rib and how i wanted to get rid of it, but somebody in my life loved it. loved what it represented and how it showed how strong i am. that i never gave up and that it was a testament to that." she paraphrased and he was taken back. he smiled, widely as he looked down at his plates. "well that would be correct, miss jas. i still believe that and will always." he said handing her a plate with freshly grated parmesan. she smiled taking it and immediately digging in. "when did you move in?" she asked as he sat down next to her, "last month while you were in Europe." he responded, "my parents came down to help which was nice." and jasmine nodded.

"its gorgeous, its..you." she smirked, and he quipped an eyebrow. "its a modern farmhouse, crisp and clean which are you. a modern alberta cowboy." she winked causing him to laugh.