|~ Chapter IX - The Misunderstood ~|

[Mushroom Kingdom, 7:00 AM]
[MARIO POV]

Today was the day we finally claimed our freedom from Base Area 51, day 543 since Luigi has been gone and Aiden disappeared... But it was also the day to celebrate Thanksgiving.

It was a nice day and another peaceful day, that Meggy and hanging out with Mario, and the other married couples hanging out with each other, but one thing that disturbed Mario the most was no one told me where Luigi went, I asked several times to Meggy but she would just move on to another topic and just pretend he never existed. I-I know he's real! I just got to prove he is! Nothing will stop me from proving he is real! Mario said in his mind. "T-That's it! I'm going on a quest back to Antarctica where they defeated Lord Aiden, to find my brother! And no one will stop me!" Mario said in his mind, then he was packing his things he needed, for the trip. Mario then grabbed his pet Yoshi, and they set off to find the abandoned portal room located in the forest, minutes later Meggy returned with her friends with Tari and Saiko, SMG4 to Mario's home. "Mario I'm home!" Meggy shouted, no one came or responded. "Is Mario home?" Tari asked Meggy, "He should be, he never leaves the house without telling me..." Meggy said, SMG4 was in shock when he found something... It was a note, "Meggy grabbed it and read it, "Hey Meggy, if you find this note then I have left the house to find my brother Luigi since, none of you will tell me what happened and why he has not returned home yet. So I'm going to find him and none of you will stop me! -Mario". Meggy was surprised and in shock, "Guys we need to get Mario now! If he gets to the portal he will see his brother is dead, and he will go crazy!" Said Meggy, they all agreed and ran to the portal as fast as they could into the forest.

Meanwhile

Mario and yoshi were sprinting to the portal room then they found it, he lit the portal up, it lit up. But then Someone shouted his name, "Mario! Stop!" He turned, and looked it was Meggy. "Your not stopping me Meggy! None of you are going to stop me from finding my brother!" He'd enter the portal with yoshi and the portal closed. "Now what? Portal is t useable since it's been used again." Said Saiko, "We will use the alternative one." Said Meggy as they rushed to the other one far deep into the forest...

When they got there someone pulled them into the portal, then they were at a table in a dark room sitting down... All of them were. Then a strange man in a hoodie came up, "Tell me, travelers ever heard of the Legend of Aiden?" Meggy was confused, "First, who are you, Second why are we here, third how." Meggy said in confusion, "Well, my name is William B. And your here because a terrible danger has came back into the world as you known that you are the hero's, of defeating the almighty Lord Aiden, when he was defeated Regular Aiden came back but he wants to take revenge on humanity now. For what they have done to his life and brother." Said William. They were all in shock until they got magically teleported outside on the side walk, big city of Los Angeles "Who was that?" Asked Tari, "I think his name was William B?" Said SMG4, "Guys we have to find Mario, come on!" they all ran until they found a creepy ally way, "D O N T. C O M E. A N Y. C L O S E R." Said the strange black figure with his hoodie on and glowing White eyes. Before he disappeared the crew went in the creepy ally way to investigate. They found Luigi.. Alive? "Wait but how?!" Said Meggy in Confusion, "We saw Lord Aiden Kill you!" Said Tari, "I revived him." Said Aiden, everyone was shocked to see Aiden again, but then realized he was the good Aiden. "Aiden! What a surprising experience to see you here ey? ha ha.." Meggy nervously laughed. "Listen, Meggy, the world is at sake because of all of you. Lord Aiden. My Evil spirit is out there, roaming around, and god knows what his next move is now. Thanks to you. I could've defeated him myself!" Said Aiden yelling at them. They all got into an Argument, then Mario came out of nowhere. "ALL OF YOU! STOP THIS!" Yelled Mario, at all of them. They stopped and Meggy kissed Mario on the lips, "your okay! I was so worried about you Mario!" She Started tearing up but Mario calmed Meggy down, "Well we found Luigi. Now what?" Said Saiko. "We been trying to find a way back, but no luck without some sort of portal type." Said Aiden "Mario, does the portal you came from still work?" Asked Tari "No. it broke once I came through." Said Mario "Oof.." said Meggy, "So any ideas?" Said the gang. "I have an idea. We could use the evacuation portals in Site 22, I know how to reach the base even without wandering where the hell it even is." Said Aiden, "How can we find it?" Said the gang, "You see before you guys destroyed the Arctic Base I built secret underground tunnels beneath the water, which leads to different bases, that's how we get around so quickly. So we can find Site 22 easy if we use those, however we need a military boat to get there since the Force Field around the Arctic Base is still functional." Said Aiden, "Where can we find or steal one?" Said Mario as he was gearing up "Port Jake, that's where we can find an old Functional Base Area 51 Destroyer." Said Aiden, "Then let's go!" Said Meggy excited.