✰「TWENTY」✰

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════
═ ∘◦TWENTY: Word-Vomit◦∘ ═
∘◦Be Still The Fray◦∘
══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ═══════ ∘◦TWENTY: Word-Vomit◦∘ ═∘◦Be Still ‖ The Fray◦∘══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

Once the Phoenix statue opened, Kat and Mindy rushed to their feet seeing the frantic state their best friend was in. Adelaide immediately pushed past them and continued down the hallway. The two friends looked at each other before attempting to rush after Addy. It was very unlike her to be so frantic let alone push past them and not say a word.

"Addy! Addy wait!" Mindy called after her.

Adelaide shook her head as she continued to look for the nearest toilet and lose her friends. She needed to be alone.

"Addy! Addy, what happened?" Kat tried to get her attention, but it was no use.

Adelaide turned the corner into a busy hallway and they lost sight of her. They once again looked at each other and sighed before continuing through the hall to try and find their frantic friend.

Adelaide weaved through the students who paid no mind to her as they chatted with their friends and laughed as if they had no care in the world. Tears started to gather as nausea began to rise again. She needed to find a toilet.

Hoping she lost Mindy and Kat, she turned into a less crowded corridor by the quidditch pitch and opened the door to the toilets. Running up to the sink she turned on the cold water and put her hands under it.

She looked up and saw her reflection in the mirror. The girl looking back at her didn't look like the one she was used to while at Hogwarts. She looked like she did over the holidays. Miserable and sick.

Her eyes were rimmed with red from the tears and her cheeks and nose shared the same rosy hue. Her eyes weren't shining their beautiful blue but looking rather dull and grey, especially in the dim bathroom lighting.

As she stared at herself she couldn't help but let her mind wander to her parents. Her mum.

Did she look like her mum? Would her mum have been happy that she was sorted into the same house? What house was her father in? Was he even from Hogwarts?

But her parents were dead. She always figured and almost rather they had been dead than given her away because they simply didn't want her. She couldn't decide if she was happier knowing the fact for sure. She wanted to know more. She needed to know more.

Dumbledore wouldn't tell her anything unless she had given him something in return for the information. He had made that much clear when she was in his office earlier. The only reason he had told her the minuscule amount that he did was so that she would agree to work with him and whatever this Order of the Phoenix club or army or whatever the hell he said it was, she didn't care.