✰「TWENTY • FIVE」✰

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════
═ ∘◦TWENTY•FIVE: What are you afraid of?◦∘ ═
∘◦Where Is My Mind? Pixies◦∘
══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ═══════ ∘◦TWENTY•FIVE: What are you afraid of?◦∘ ═∘◦Where Is My Mind? ‖ Pixies◦∘ ══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

"Clear your mind and focus."

"I am!"

Trelawney looked at Adelaide in surprise, but a dazed smile took over her features. She placed a hand on the brunette's arm and squeezed, "You are thinking much too hard. Be as light as a feather and let your mind go."

Addy sighed but nodded closing her eyes.

November was coming to an end, and it was Adelaides' first lesson with Trelawney. Dumbledore had sent her an owl saying her lessons would start this week. Sebastion had walked her to the divination classroom in hopes of trying to calm his younger sister's nerves, but it hadn't really helped. He promised that he would sit with her at the Hufflepuff table during dinner so they could talk about it once she had finished.

Whether or not she was happy about it was still undecided.

With her eyes closed, Adelaide tried to let go of her anxiety and thoughts as Trelawney had been instructing, but it was nearly impossible. Anxiety was what held the girl together and she didn't know what it meant to not have thoughts constantly running through her head as fast as a snitch.

"I can't do it."

The Professor stood up and glided over to the cabinet with teacups. Addy watched as she pulled two out and placed them on the table at the front of the classroom where they had been sitting. The usually eccentric Professor's sudden quietness was filling Addy's head up with uneasiness.

Trelawney poured them both tea, "You have always been an interesting student. I saw you had the gift of the inner eye before you even stepped foot into my classroom." Addy raised an eyebrow but took the teacup and carefully brought it to her lips as Trelawaney watched her with wide eyes. "You've always been caught up in your own mind. I knew from your first class that you would struggle to grasp it. Your mind so clouded with anxieties of the unknown."

Addy thought about what the Professor had said while she drank more of her tea. "Why is it so hard for me?" Trelawney let a wide grin spread across her face, "Why are you, you?"

Adelaide choked on the warm liquid and quickly wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her sweater, attempting to recover from her Professor's existential crisis-inducing question.

"Try again." Trelawney urged, eyes wide.

Adelaide sighed before setting the cup down and closing her eyes. This time she tried hard not to focus on the anxiety in her chest and more on the blackness behind her eyelids. Taking a few deep breaths, she allowed herself to be pulled in further and further into the dark. Slowly she felt her surroundings begin to fade and the quiet, but present noises of beaded curtains swaying and clattering of nicknacks on shelves around the classroom began to dwindle.