✰「TWENTY • SIX」✰

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════
═ ∘◦TWENTY•SIX: Family First◦∘ ═
∘◦Close Your Eyes The Backseat Lovers◦∘
══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ═══════ ∘◦TWENTY•SIX: Family First◦∘ ═∘◦Close Your Eyes ‖ The Backseat Lovers◦∘══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

Adelaide Greenwood was known by most at Hogwarts, through her own reputation or the ones of her trouble-making brother and charming — now dead — best friend. There was also the fact that she hung around Harry Potter and his friends often. Not many had anything bad to say about her either, she was as kind-hearted as they came. The worst thing you heard about the Hufflepuff was that she turned down one of their friends or was simply 'too nice'.

She had a reputation and recently she had been under a microscope. Other Hufflepuffs loved to tell their friends about how she hasn't been seen hanging out in the common room like she previously would. Classmates would discuss how her energetic personality seemed to quiet down more often. How her grades had been slipping and while she still talked to others, she only hung out with her closest group of friends now.

Addy knew what people were saying about her — she wasn't deaf — she just never let on that they had been getting to her. She knew her friends walked on eggshells around her on most days and couldn't bare to cause them any more worry. Kat had started purposefully talking loudly while they were in corridors and she heard anyone speaking about Addy. Sebastion and Mindy had a love-hate relationship, but the one thing that they held higher than their own pride was Adelaide. So the new Gryffindor beaters had made it their personal mission to disrupt people talking about the rumors surrounding the Hufflepuff and put an end to whatever it was they had been saying.

Fred and George did say they had to bond.

Sebastion Greenwood sought approval from his parents. All he wanted was for them to acknowledge him and say they were proud of him. The older he grew the more he realized that their reputation and status were more important than he ever would be.

At school, he caused trouble but still maintained his grades. Most Professors adored the boy with his handsome smile and charmingly witty attitude, so he hadn't gotten into much trouble for his behavior. It became his only outlet to mask the way he was truly suffering on the inside. He yearned for his mother to hold him and fuss over if he ate dinner and wrote letters home. He wished his father would slap him on the shoulder and not his face and say he was proud of his son.

Bash grew up going to balls and fancy dinners. He always sat up straight and kept his elbows off the table. He danced gracefully and had perfect manners no matter who he was speaking to. His mother had raised him to carry on their family name and he intended to make her proud. He just hadn't expected to receive a letter from his father which would make him thoroughly consider otherwise.

The black owl had flown in through the open window in the Gryffindor common room, where it had been fairly busy for a Wednesday night. Bash was sitting on the floor next to the fire working on a Transfiguration assignment while Fred and George sat on the couch across from him discussing their latest experiment. Sebastion had known it was an owl from his family immediately and jumped up grabbing the letter from it before shooing it from the window.