✰「TWENTY • TWO」✰

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════
═ ∘◦TWENTY • TWO: Andromeda◦∘ ═
∘◦Ugly SideThe Wrecks◦∘
══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ═══════ ∘◦TWENTY • TWO: Andromeda◦∘ ═∘◦Ugly Side‖ The Wrecks◦∘══════ ∘◦ ☼ ◦∘ ══════

The air had started to frost as the beginning days of November rolled around. The group of students sat around a large table in the library. Hermione, Kat, and Adelaide were the only ones who were entirely focused on studying though. Hermione and Kat had been reading off different charms and what they did to each other quietly and Adelaide was thumbing the top of her Divination textbook where she began to write her notes inside it casually.

Mindy had her feet propped up on the table with her Herbology essay in her lap as she twirled her quill around and stared up at the ceiling. Harry had given up entirely and began drawing doodles of Quiddich plays where his Transfiguration assignment should have been written out and Ron was staring at the Divination textbook as if it was in a different language.

Ron looked up and saw that Addy had moved on from Care of Magical Creatures and was writing in her Divination book as if she was completely unbothered. Harry caught Ron staring and nudged his head towards the clueless brunette with pressing eyes. Ron looked down at his blank paper and then back at Addy debating if he should ask for help.

Ron studied her for a few moments appreciating the way her headband had pushed her brown hair back and brought more attention to her face. Her cheeks were rounded and full, but still had angular features to them. Ron had noticed that her nose didn't curve upwards like Kat or Hermione's did and it had a round shape that brought in the fullness of her cheeks, but the slight bump in the bridge complemented the sharper edges of her cheekbones and jawline.

As if she felt the stare, Adelaide looked up and locked eyes with Ron. A warm feeling swarmed through her chest and she smiled slightly before looking back at her textbook, flipping the pages casually. She felt the blush rising through her face and tried to suppress the wide smile that was threatening to push past her lips.

He pushed his textbook across the table and bumped hers lightly, getting her attention. She looked up at him with curiosity and tilted her head to the side, silently asking him what it was he needed. He felt himself smile, thinking of his conversation with Mindy, and tried to push back the want to jump to conclusions and try to pick up on any signals she was giving him. Adelaide put her book down, but kept her quill in her hands, twirling it and letting the feathery ends brush her jawline lightly.

"Yeah?" She whispered, trying not to disturb anybody.

Ron felt his face get warm, "You're... really good at Divination, right?"

Adelaide felt her heart speed up at the mention of the subject that had been causing her life to be pulled apart, but she smiled nonetheless, "I guess, what is it you need?"