Music 1

"So, this song we're gonna listen to, is from a band called SlipKnoT." Ace said.

The reaction was to be expected as everyone gave a collective "Huh?"

VEGA chirps into Ace's earpiece in a sassy tone. "Context seems to be needed."

"Ok, so essentially, this band has nine members to make their music." Ace said, scratching the side of his head. "Their genre is called Nu-Metal. You'll start to understand as we listen to the music."

"Why would they call a genre of music metal?" Greta asked.

Lisa nodded, "I agree, why name a realm of music after an element?"

"Like I said, you'll understand as we progress. Now the first song we'll be listening to from SlipKnoT is called Birth of the Cruel. It was from their latest catalog of music." Ace said.

They nod as Trevor is seen drinking, "Well let's get the show on the road!" He says holding up a glass of whiskey.

The screen was black but it had a logo of an S in a tribal like design. The song began with drum beats as well a keg being tapped along with the drums. They could hear a voice say:

Let him crave understanding
Let him crave your wisdom
Let him crave
Let him be provoked
Father, by self-control

That's when the guitars dropped in.

"This is what music sounds like in the future?" Dracula asked.

Trevor was bobbing his head a bit while Lisa nodded with her husband, "It's rather loud."

"Sounds interesting so far." Carmilla said.

The singer, Corey Taylor then began to sing in a soft voice.

Corey: I'm just a Judas, lookin' for a silver line.
And tomorrow is still a step behind.
Hey, hey, drama, I'd love to be a waste of your time.
Oh no, thanks so much for wasting mine.
So hear me out.

"He has a nice voice." Hector said.

Adrian was listening to the lyrics and felt they had meaning behind them.

The song went quiet except for a bit of mechanical whirring before the song exploded with the singer shouting.

Corey: Let's hear it for the damaged!
Who understands but the broken?
Developed in the arms of spite!
I'm all fucked up and I make it look good!
Adrenaline sight tonight!

Corey: I'M OVERTHROWN!
I'M OVER YOUR THRONE!
I'm over it!

Sypha was taken back, "What happened!? Did a coup happen?"

"I believe he means it metaphorically." Isaac said to Sypha

Carmilla was stroking her chin, "It could be about how royalty eat each other."

Dracula and Trevor listened, knowing what they meant by the damaged. It was them.

The chorus began with two other singers shouting Sick and Fist with the main singer.

Corey: Sick! Sickened, I'm sickening, I'm stricken by the Fist!
Blessed are the fires that have burned me
Listen to this, the lesson is, never underestimate the agony
Death of the fool, Birth of the Cruel!

The song then started back at the main riff while a series of beeping occurred in a sequence.

Adrian didn't know how to feel about the lyrics now as it couldn't get his head around them.