Queen of Vengeance

The Tepes Family were frozen in shock and fear at the question. "What..." They said in unison.

"What do you mean my husband died instead of me on that night!?" Lisa exclaimed as she stood up from her chair.

Willow stood up as she gently brought Lisa back down while gently saying. "Lisa, the baby. Think of the baby. You shouldn't get worked up." Lisa just nodded as she finally sat down in her seat beside Willow and her husband.

Dracula gripped her hand gently so as to not break her hand.

"Explain yourself!" Adrian stood up as well.

"As much as I would like to explain what happened, I think it's best if you watched for yourself." Ace said, tapping into his tablet to begin the viewing.

Trevor voiced his opinion as he said, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Everyone was tense as they knew what happened when Dracula's wife was murdered. They could only imagine what would happen if Dracula himself died.

The night was long and cold with rain colliding onto the roof of a large two story cottage. Lightning flashed with thunder rolling a couple seconds after the initial strike. The windows held a warm glow as the screen cut to the inside of the house where the fireplace was shown.

Above the fireplace, a portrait of the Tepes Family was shown, all present with smiles and beautiful shines in their eyes, filled with life. The screen cut to show Dracula and Lisa working at a table, cutting up weeds and other plants for use in their medications.

Lisa's grip on her husband's hand began to tighten as her son grabbed her hand as well as pulling Greta into a tighter embrace.

Lenore looked at the home and said, "It is a very nice house, a bit small for someone such as our lord."

Striga leaned back as if in thought before she said, "Is it a hunting cabin?"

"It was simply a little cottage for us to get away from the empty spaces of the castle." Dracula said while holding Lisa's hand.

Lisa hummed as she put the cut up weed into a small jar. She began to wash the blade as Dracula wrote the name of the cut up pieces of flora and slid it inside of the leather strap and placed the bottle in the strap.

That's when there was a knock on the door which made the two look at each other before Lisa wiped her hands with a towel real quickly. She walked towards the door and opened it to reveal the Bishop and three of his priests. "Hello, how may I help you?" Lisa asked gently.

Now everyone was paying attention as Carmilla asked, "My Lord... is this?"

"The man who ordered my death." Lisa answered for him.

Striga raised an eyebrow as she asked, "How? You are their king and that makes Lisa the Queen! They should have respected you!"

Morana sighed as she said. "Love, it's... it's more complicated than that."

"How?" Striga asked.

"The Church didn't see him as the rightful ruler, and they didn't answer to the Monarch." Lenore said.

Lisa nodded, "However, with what we have learned... we will make them give him the respect that he deserves." She said with a small hint of venom, even a small bit of spit.

"Are you the physician of this little village?" The Bishop asked, eyes filled with distaste.

"I am the doctor, yes. Is something wrong?" Lisa asked.

"We were given reports about the presence of a witch in these premises." The Bishop said.

Lisa looked at them curiously, "A witch? That's rather silly."