Chapter 2 ~ Birthday

"Sister, Aria c'mon wake up please" my brother says waking me up. "What" I say and whine "happy birthday" he says once again and gives me a singular rose. "This is the seventeenth rose" I say and sit up "I know" he replies and sits on my bed.

"Thank you Owen" I say and hug him then pull away and smell the rose. "You're welcome" he answers and smiles. I smile and put it on my night stand. "My birthday is in two months!" Owen says happily "I know! Then we can leave!" I say happily "yes we can" he agrees and smiles.

"It's so close but yet it feels so far away" I say and lay back down "it'll come quick" he says and smiles then stands up. "Alright well I'm going to my room, happy birthday once again" he says and walks out "thank you" I say and smile. "I need to get high" I say and get out of bed.

I head to the bathroom and do my business. Once I finish, I wash my face and brush my teeth. I had a few bruises that were fading away but the scars my parents left on my body actually looked really cool so, thank you mom and dad but also, fuck you.

I was finally seventeen and only needed one more year to finally be old enough to move and live in a different home, without my parents. I head back to my room and make my bed quickly then pick my room up a bit. I grab a pair of clothes from my floor and put it on, shaking it before actually putting it on.

"Happy birthday Aria Irvine Lancaster" I say to myself and put the pants on. "Will you get a beating today? Mhh, maybe" I say and continue talking to myself. I then put my shirt on and throw Owens jacket over my shirt. "Day 1,986 with no makeup" I say to myself and look into the mirror.

"I hate who I see so much" I whisper and start crying.

"It's okay" I say and wipe my tears then walk out of my room. The house was freezing but I head to the kitchen where I found my dad reading a newspaper and eating breakfast as my mom was drinking on the couch watching TV. "Hi" I say to both of them "shut up please" my dad says and looks up at me then back at the newspaper.

I don't respond to him and just grab a water from the fridge. "Mom, h-how did you sleep" I ask "I SAID SHUT UP!" My dad yells "Shut up Aria!" My mom yells and continues to watch the TV.

I run to my room and lock my door then jump on my bed, scared that they would get up and hit me. "It's okay, you're okay" I say to myself and start crying once again. "Fuck this, I'm leaving" I say and get off my bed then wipe my tears and grab my suitcase.

I walk over to where my clothes were and just started throwing everything in there.

"Aria? W-what are you doing?" Owen asks quietly "I'm leaving" I reply and put my hair behind my ears "leaving? Where?" He questions "somewhere, anywhere else but here" I say and walk to my counter then throw everything that was on the counter in my bag.

"You are not leaving" he says "I am" I answer and look at him then put my shoes on. "Are you coming or are you staying?" I ask and stare at him "I'm staying, and so are you" he says and grabs my suitcase"Owen let it go" I say and try to grab it back "stop it Aria. You are not leaving" he says and his voice breaks.

"Yes the fuck I am Owen, let it go!" I yell and hit his arm a few times so he can let it go "stop!" He yells "no! Move!" I respond and hit him one last time then he lets go. "Oh yeah? Then don't call me or text me when you get kidnapped!" He yells angrily "I wouldn't be able to call or text you if I got kidnapped dipshit!" I yell back angrily.

I run through the living room and the kitchen. "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?" My mom and dad yell "FUCK OFF!" I scream back and open the door and start running with the cold wind. My dad gets up from the table and walks over to the fridge then grabs the bat which was beside the fridge.

He then grabs the car keys and my mom gets in the car. Owen tries to get in the car but my dad hits him with the bat before he could get in, which causes Owen to fall down and pass out. "OWEN I'M SORRY" I yell but don't look back I was sobbing at this point.

"ARIA!" My dad yells and soon I didn't know where I was running to or where I was even going I just knew I was running. Eventually it starts pouring down on me.

I never stop running because I could hear the car faintly but close enough. I soon met a road and cars were honking because I stopped running in the middle of the road. "WATCH OUT!" One man yells from inside his car "I'm sorry" I say and start panicking. I watch the cars fly by me.

I just stand there in shock and look around. Soon, a black car stops.

"Girl what are you doing in the middle of the road especially in this weather!" A girl says and pulls me off to the side of the road so I was no longer in high risk of getting hit. She walks to her car and grabs me someone's jacket. It smelled nice, but I couldn't tell if it was boy or girl cologne because the smell was fading.

"I-I don't know, I just ran away from my-my house. I need help, please help me" I say and start sobbing. I cover my face with my hands and drop my suitcase next to me. "Let's go" she says and puts her arm around my back and picks my suitcase up for me. "Thank you, really thank you" I say and slowly walk to her car.

All of the cars behind her were honking and going to the other lane so they could pass her. She seemed irritated and started yelling at them. "FUCK OFF SHE NEEDS HELP! ASSHOLE!" She yells and opens the back door of her car. "Thank you" I say and get in. She puts the bag next to me and closes the door.

She walks around and gets inside the car then starts driving.

"I have to take you back home" she says and looks at me through the mirror "NO! PLEASE NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK THERE! TAKE ME ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THERE! YOU KNOW WHAT JUST DROP ME OFF HERE I'LL FIND MY WAY!" I yell and start panicking once again.

"Okay-okay, I'm sorry" she says and continues driving "STOP THE CAR!" I yell "I can't there's cars behind me and I'm going to fast" she replies "I DON'T CARE! STOP THE CAR NOW!" I yell and jump forward to grab the steering wheel. "Stop, stop! I'm not taking you home!" She says frightened and I let go of the wheel and sit back down embarrassed and afraid.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean to scare you" I say and continue apologizing "it's fine" she says and looks at me once again through the mirror. I then rest my head on the window and go on my phone. I text Owen and tell him I was okay, for now.