Chapter ~ 52 ~ Penthouse

Christian's POV:
"Aria" I call out. "You're finally home!" She says from the couch and stands up to kiss me. I hold her and eventually bring attention to Danny.

"Oh hi" Aria says and looks at him then at me. "Hi Ms.Aria" he says to her. Good job.

"You don't have to call me that, anyway, what are you doing here" she asks him and kind of smiles. "I'm here because Mr.Romano figured out that I don't really have a home and it's starting to get cold outside. I think that's the only reason" he responds and looks at me.

"Well yes and no. I also brought you here because I like you better than anyone at the job, so. Tomorrow in the morning we are getting you some new clothes because I can't stand looking at you in the same two pairs of ripped up shorts and shirts everyday" I say. Aria looks at me and has this look of confusion and uncertainty in her face.

"Also a hair cut and some basic things you should have. You smell, dirty" I say and try not to sound rude.

"Christian be nice" Aria says and elbows me in the rib cage. "I promise I am" I say and look at Danny then back at Aria. "No it's okay. I know, and I appreciate it boss" Danny says and kind of smiles.

"Come here" Aria says to me and walks past the living room and into the library. "Shut the door behind you" she says and crosses her arms. I do as she asks and wait for her to speak.

"That kid is kind. You're being a little of an ass right now to him. If you brought him here treat him like you fucking wanting him here Christian. I know you don't like to be nice or show your nice side but you brought him to the house. Stop talking bad about him and instead help him. You just said that's what you wanted to do so don't bring him down" she says in a stern voice.

I hold back a smile.

"Yes ma'am" I respond and nod.

"Thank you. Let's go back" she says and walks in front of me out of the library and back into the living room.

"I'm sorry about that. Anyway, at what time are we leaving?" She says when we finally see Danny again.

"We can leave at 10 or 11" I say "is that good with you?" She asks and directs her question to Danny "yes ma'am, that's great. Anything is great honestly" he says and smiles. "Great" I say and put my hands in my pockets.

"Are y'all hungry?" Aria asks us once she starts walking towards the kitchen "me not really. Are you Danny?" I ask him "just a little bit" he says and follows me when I start heading to the kitchen "what do you want" I ask "anything is good" he replies "Danny what do you want to eat" I ask again "something quick, anything that's available really" he says "we have, leftovers from last night. I made steak, chicken, and rice bowls" Aria says "that's good with me" Danny says "are you sure" she asks "yes ma'am" he replies and nods.
~
"Lena, one of my workers is going to be here for some time. He's in the guest room at the end of the hall" I say when I open the door to Lena's room "ouu, is he cute" Lena says and sits up from her bed quickly. "You can look at him yourself tomorrow when you come with us to go get him some clothes. I'm not answering that fucking question" I say "what time?" She asks "be ready at least by 9:40 in the morning" I say "okay, goodnight I love you. Make sure you say goodnight to mom Christian" she says.

"I love you, and yes I know. Goodnight Le" I say and shut her door. I head to my mothers room and knock softly.

"Mom" I say "come in" she says.

I open the door and find her looking at our photo albums. "Mom" I say and sigh.

"I'm sorry baby" she says and begins to cry. I shut the door behind me as I walk towards her and hug her.