Chapter 4 ~ Mall

I get out of the bed and go on my phone and text Owen that I'm still okay.

I make the bed because it was the guest room and I didn't want anything else to get messed up because of me.

Lena offered me to sleep in her room and then asked if I wanted a room to myself. I like the alone room better because I wasn't used to sleeping with anyone.

I walk out of the room and walk to Lena's room. I knock and she doesn't open the door. I go back to the guest room and sit on the couch in there. I didn't know what to do so I just look out the window, it was so pretty. It was cloudy and dark so it was probably going rain.

I stand up and leave the room, I head downstairs to the laundry room. I walk in and my clothes were all folded in the order that each piece was, so shirts were with the shirts and jeans with jeans, shorts with shorts and things like that.

I thank whoever did this for me internally and grab them all. I start heading back upstairs and still there was no sign of Lena or Christian. I go back to the room and get in the shower.
~
I was getting dressed, which was some straight leg jeans, a hoodie and some sneakers. None of my outfit matched but that's the best thing I had to wear. I go to the bathroom and start brushing my hair. I grab my curl cream and run product through my fingers then my hair. My curls start forming and I just let them air dry. I do nothing else because I had nothing else.

I pick up my stuff and place it all nicely on the counter in the room. I sit back on the couch and start playing a game on my phone, Owen still hadn't responded and I was getting worried.
~
I end up falling asleep on the couch and it was around twelve in the afternoon now. I get up and open the door to the room. As soon as I step out Christian gets to the top of the stairs. "Good morning" he says and walks to me "good morning, I was up around ten but no one was awake so I took a shower and went back to sleep, on accident" I say.

"Ah I see, did Lena not answer? She's usually up by nine" he says "no" I say "well, she's downstairs now, she's reading and keeps asking about you" he says. I smile softly. "Thank you" I say "you're welcome" he says and watches me as I'm leaving.

I make it downstairs and see Lena reading. "Hey! Good morning! How did you sleep?" She asks and puts the book down "great" I say and sit down on the couch next to her. "I'm glad! Hey so I was wondering if you would like to go to the mall today and we can get you some new books and new clothes if you'd like" she says.

"I mean I'd love to but I don't have any money" I say "I didn't ask if you had money" she says and smiles then gets up and puts her jacket on.

"Christian we're going out!" Lena yells and tries to hurry out the door. I don't hear anything back, what I do hear is a door shutting. "Yes we are" he says and comes down the stairs quickly.

"I don't want you to come today!" She whines "good because I wasn't asking" he says "Christian you always do this! I'm seventeen! I can take care of myself!" She yells annoyed "sure you can" he says and grabs his keys. "You aren't my dad!" She yells "I know, I'm your older brother, which is why I'm going" he says and opens the door for us.

"Whatever!" She yells and storms out of the house, I follow behind her and Christian shuts the door. "I did yesterday!" She yells and turns around "because you left without telling me" he says "you're so annoying!" She yells. "Give me the keys, I'm driving" she says and holds her hand out.

"Like hell you are" he says and scoffs "Christian Romano please!" She yells angry and frustrated "no" he says and unlocks the car and gets in the drivers side. I start opening the back door so I can get in but Lena takes the door. "Girl no, you're going in the front" she says and smiles. So that attitude is only towards Christian. Christian Romano.

"Lena no, it's your car" I say "get in the front Aria" she says and smiles then gets in the back. I stand there for a couple of seconds and open the passenger door and get in.

I put my seatbelt on and Christian looks at me then starts driving. "Can you play music" Lena asks "what else Lena, what else do you need" Christian says and turns the radio on. "Fix your attitude, I'm not putting up with you today, I'll call an Uber" she says. Wow.

"Aria I'm sorry, it seems my brother is still being an ass today" she says "no, I just don't like you" he says. I giggle.

"See, you see how he acts Aria" she says annoyed. I giggle and nod. She sits back and I look out the window looking at every tall building that we pass. I had never really been into the city. I lived about ten minutes out of the city so seeing all of this was such a difference.

I was turning my head every few minutes because I would see cool things out in the streets.
~
"Let's go" Lena says excitedly and opens her door. I step out of the car and so does Christian. We start walking inside and I get so happy. I had never shopped with anyone I usually just stole clothes and ran. "Where are we going first" Lena asks "I've never shopped so I don't really know" I say and walk with her.

"That's okay, we can walk around and go inside the stores that look interesting to you" she says and smiles. "What about you?" I ask "I have enough" she says and smiles "Lena please grab stuff, I don't want to be the only one" I say and have the sudden urge to leave. "Okay" she says and smiles. I don't want to leave anymore.

We start walking around and the whole time Christian doesn't say anything, he just follows us around and it was almost like he wasn't there.
~
"Does it look okay?" I ask and step out of the dressing room in some tan cargo pants and a brown t-shirt. "I love it!" She says and smiles. I turn around and look at myself in the mirror. I catch a glimpse of Christian and he had a small smile on his face as he was looking at me. I start turning red and look at Lena.

"You need to get it!" She says and smiles "how much are they?" I ask "it doesn't matter, just get them!" She replies and smiles. "Are you sure" I ask "yes!" she says and pushes me gently back into the dressing room so I can try on some more clothes that she and picked for me and I liked.
~
"We need to get you a dress" she says and we leave the store after paying. "Thank you Lena, also I don't know, I've never worn a dress" I say and lie. I loved dresses. They made me not feel like a toy that got kicked around by it's owners. Literally.

"Do you want to try one?" She asks "I can" I say and we walk to a dress store.
~
"Try it!" She says and I get nervous because it was a little tight on the stomach part but as it went down it was lose because I wasn't a damn cylinder so obviously it was going to get lose.
~
"You need to get it!" She squeals and touches Christians arm to grab his attention but once again he was already looking at me.

"Right Christian?" She asks and looks at him. "Yes" he says and makes eye contact with me. I smile and look at my body and I don't feel disgusting, I never felt disgusting in a dress.

I go back in the dressing room and change back to my original clothes. "Are you getting it?" Lena asks "if I can" I say "of course" she says and smiles. We walk to the counter and instead of Lena paying for the dress Christian does. What the hell? Why did he do that!

"Christian you're paying?" Lena asks "Christian why are you paying" she adds "just, just let me" he says and finishes paying. I stand there shocked. "Here you go Aria" he says and gives me the dress. "Thank you, I appreciate it" I say and smile at his actions. "You're welcome" he said and we leave the store. Lena smiles.