Chapter 42 ~ Business

Aria's POV:
I was curled up on his bed. I didn't want to speak to anyone, not even him. My father was somewhere in the house and I won't lie, I was scared.

I had killed a man. Me. I killed somebody. I never even killed my own father but managed to kill a man who was running from us.

I felt emotionally empty and had this pit in my stomach, a disgusting pit in my stomach. One that I don't think was ever going to leave.
~
"Eat something" he says and opens the door slowly. The smell of the food made me nauseous and want to throw up. "I can't" I say and breathe so I don't throw up all over his bed.

"Aria you've got to eat, it's been two days since you've eaten" he says quietly. "I can't! Listen to me! I can't eat Christian I will throw it up! Can you just leave me alone!" I yell and wrap myself under his covers again.

He doesn't say anything. "I know you killed someone Aria but I did also, I killed my own father, but I'm not laying here crying about it. Get the hell up and eat something before I shove it down your damn throat" he says and pulls the cover off of me.

I look up at him, angrily. "You've done it before! It's why you don't care! Christian please go!" I yell back and get on my knees, trying to take the blanket from him.

"Stop, stop. Aria stop!" He says and throw the blanket to the floor, holding me tightly in his arms. Don't cry.

"Stop" he says again, looking down at me. I look up at him then away. Don't cry.

"Christian I killed somebody" I say and a tear leaves my eyes. "I know" he says and pulls me to him, holding me into a hug.

I let more tears spill out. Causing his shirt to get wet. "I'm here, you're going to be okay. That guys deserved it, he hurt you and was about to kill you" he says and runs his fingers through my hair. "He didn't though, I did" I say and cry to him.

"Stop blaming yourself. Anyone would've done it" he says and places soft kisses on my head.

I hold him and don't talk. "You're okay" he says and lifts my head up by my chin. "You're okay" he repeats and kisses me.

I nod slowly. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, I didn't mean it" I say and sit down, wiping my tears. The pit in my stomach was still there but I felt a little relief. It was just something I'd have to get through with time.

"Don't apologize" he says and grabs my hand. I don't reply, not knowing what to say.

"Can you try to eat something for me please" he says and picks up the tray of pasta that he had let rest in his nightstand before throwing the blanket.

I take the tray and place it beside me. I take a grape and eat it. It tasted like a grape but felt like I was biting down on brain matter or something of that sort. I swallow it and force myself to eat another.

"Your father is in the basement, I gave him a cup of noodles and a water, so the bastard doesn't stink up my basement with his stench of decomposition" he says. I nod and drink some water that was also on the tray.

"Can we go on the bike" I ask. His eyebrows raise up, surprised.

"You want to go on the bike?" He asks and furrows his eyebrows "yes, can we" I ask "if you eat at least the bowl of grapes" he says "are you serious" I say "very" he says and sits down on his chair.

I force each grape down into my stomach, getting sicker and sicker each time I put another in my mouth. You won't throw up.
~
"Aria hold onto me!" He yells and slows down. I had let go of him, the wind making me feel, free.

"No!" I say and laugh. He slows down and holds my waist close to him so I don't fall and die. His hand placement.

I hold him again but he keeps his hand on my waist. I empty my mind and just hold him as we go around the city. I wasn't scared anymore, I just had that adrenaline rush.
~
"What if he had a family Christian" I say and put some shorts on. "Aria stop thinking about the fucker" he says. I can't.

"I'll try not to" I say quietly and sit on his bed with the blanket over me. "I'm going to the basement to see if he's still alive" he says. I say nothing and do nothing. What are we going to do with that guy?

He leaves and I sit there on his bed, waiting for him to come back. Besides Armando, he's the only man I think about.
~
"What should I do with him" he asks as he enters the room again, his phone was in his hand. "I...I don't know" I say and play with my fingers. "Should we turn him in?" He asks "no" I say. "When you're able to get working once again, make him work for you. Don't go easy on him, make him work and work" I say and don't look at Christian.

"I can do that" he says and gets on his phone. "It's going to take me a long time to get everything working, so what do I do with him in the meantime" he says "why will it take forever?" I ask, regretting my choice of words. "All the drugs are gone, I have to pay for each pound, get new people, make a new name for the company, I basically have to start from point zero" he says.

"Christian unless you father took all of the drugs and shared some with his workers, all of the drugs are being held somewhere, you just have to find out where" I say "I thought about that but I'm not going to look for drugs, I don't have people, I need resources and I don't have any" he says "get my fathers crack head friends to help you, they know, believe me. We can go around the city, looking for homeless people" I say and think it's quite literally the best option ever.

"Aria homeless people have no business being in my company, crack addicts, maybe" he says "well, there's plenty of those. Good thing I was raised in that area and know the hot spots, see my childhood did good for something" I say and scoff.

"I know some, used to be one myself" he says. "Right" I agree and shake my head slowly.
~
"Aria get in the fucking truck!" Christian yells from inside. I had gotten out of it because I saw a group of guys, they looked like they were doing illegal shit so I walked up to them.

"Boys" I say. One of them turns around and chuckles, the others follow after him. "Hey baby" the first guy says. "So, not you, but do y'all want to make money?" I say and direct my words to his friends or whatever they were to him.

"Hey bitch, I was talk to you" the first guy says and leaves the little group, walking closer to me.

"Hey bitch, I wasn't so fuck off" I reply and glare at him. Christian honks the horn but then I hear the door slamming.

"So, guys. Do y'all? Y'all never really answered my question" I say and chuckle, talking once again to the other guys. The guy grabs my shoulders and pushes me back. I push him back at slap him. Then, I feel Christians strong hand grip my waist and pull me back behind him. He punches the guy into the wall and almost immediately the guy falls to the ground.

"She was being nice, I'm not so much" Christian says and punches him again. By this time, every one of the other guys had ran, but one guy. He was looking at us.

"Christian stop" I say and put my hands on his arm. I'm pretty sure the guy was at least passed out, maybe even, completely dead.

He pulls away and kicks him then walks back towards me. He sees the guy that was still watching. "What bitch? You want to end up like your buddy?" Christian says angrily "no sir, I...she said something about making money, I want to make some money, if the offer is still up" he says. Christian looks at me and exhales annoyed.

"Get in the back" he says to the guy, he hurries and we stand there.

"What in the fuck were you thinking approaching those guys like that!" He yells and looks down on me. "You said you needed people" I reply annoyed. "I didn't say to go wander off by yourself, stay in the damn truck is what I said. Don't do it again" he says angrily. "What else boss" I say back, now angry.

"Don't start with that shit Aria" he says and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I don't do anything because no matter what, he's not letting me go. I look at the guy who was on the floor, next to a trash can, sleeping, or maybe, dead.