Chapter 3 ~ Soaked

"Let me help you" the girl says and gets out of the car first then goes around to help me. She grabs my suitcase and I get out of the car, freezing. The cool air starts picking up and we rush inside. "What's your name" she asks me. "Aria" I say and stand at the door. The house was so warm. "Pretty, I'm Lena" she says and puts the suitcase in the living room.

Did I mention that her house was huge? Well it is. Tall ceilings, big chandeliers, big everything.

"I like your house" I say to her "thank you, my parents aren't home right now, they're at work and will be back in a couple of days" she says and smiles "oh okay, what do they do for work?" I ask "um, agriculture in different cities. Farmers and businesses call them if they can't get something" she says. I tilt my head looking confused but don't ask her anything else.

"That sounds fun" I say "I guess" she says and walks over to me and gives me a water bottle. "Are you hungry? I can make you something" she says "please" I say in a whisper and rub my arms with my hands so I can warm up faster.

"It's starting to get cold out, isn't it?" she asks "yes, September is right around the corner, I love fall and winter, but when you live in conditions like mine it's hard" I say and regret it. "What do you mean conditions like yours?" She asks "never mind, I just, love the cold" I say and smile softly.

"I like summer and spring. Total opposite" she chuckles and smiles as she's making me a burger. The patty's were done so I'm guessing she cooked out, alone? "What do you want on it?" She asks me "just the patty would be okay" I say and lie because I don't want to be a burden. "Just a patty! What! You don't like ketchup, mayo, mustard, tomato, pickles, lettuce or onions?" She asks and looks at me.

I look at her and nod, I didn't know what to say so I just nod. "Is that nod a yes I like pickles and onions and ketchup and everything else or no can you not put anything on" she asks "I like them" I say and start getting nervous. "Great! I do too" she says and starts to put everything in it. "Aria why are you standing? Sit down" she says and smiles. "I'm soaking wet" I say "that's okay, things air dry" she says "and then they smell" I say.

"Girl just sit down" she says and laughs. I do as she asks and sit at the couch since it was the closest. A few minutes go by and she comes to me with a burger and fries. It looked so good. It was something I was eating that wasn't beans, rice, cheese, or oatmeal and I was so happy, and great full.

"Thank you Lena" I say and take the plate. "Here you go" she says and hands me a soda. I take it and hold it between my legs. I start eating like I haven't eaten in forever. "Is it okay?" she asks. It's the best damn burger I've had, well I've only ate four burgers in my whole entire life, maybe that's why.

I nod and keep eating. She sits down on the other couch and turns the TV on. This TV wasn't like mine. It had Netflix, YouTube, HBOMax, Hulu and so many more things. "What do you want to watch?" she asks me "anything is okay" I say. "Let's watch, The Walking Dead, It's my favorite show right now, I think you'll like it, I hope you like it" she says and puts it on.

A few minutes go by and I continue eating and watching the TV.
~
"Lena what the fuck" a guy says. I turn my head and look at this beautiful man. Tall, muscular, medium tan olive skin tone, tattoos on his arms and neck, curly hair that was medium length, he was so attractive.

"Oh god, I forgot to tell you about Christian!" Lena says and stands up. I look at them. "Who the fuck is this and why is she wearing my damn jacket, also she's fucking soaking and sitting in the damn couch!" He says "Christian!" Lena yells and hits him. "Lena look at her!" He yells. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't know" I say and start panicking worried he might hurt me.

"Aria it's okay" Lena says and hits Christian on the back of his head. "Don't fucking touch me Lena" he says angrily. "Aria this is my big brother. Christian. He's being a fucking idiot" she says and looks at him. He looks at me and I do the same but don't look at him long. I feel his gaze burning into me and that frightens me more.