Chapter 14: License and Registration

(A/N: well this ended up coming out at lot faster than the other ones... Today's been... a day... not a lot happened.  so yeah...not sure where to go from here...so... obligatory: if you think the chapters bad it's because I was writing this at 2AM (but still feel free to criticize) aside from that hope you enjoy. also note that I feel like this chapter is incomplete for some reason so if some part looks like it was randomly cut off do mention it in the comments pls and thank you.)

(Rimuru POV)

"..."

"..."

Sophia and I faced each other as I sat on her couch. Silence and tension filled the room

"Your goddess is really something," I say.

"You don't have to tell me twice," she responded.

"I'm right here you know..." she sounded annoyed.

At the moment Sophia's goddess, Amaterasu, was checking the markings on my back after Sophia gave a quick explanation to her. As it turns out there were different designs for different gods/goddesses. Which was news to me. So to someone who saw the markings, it would look like I was part of the Amaterasu familia because I had copied Sophia's marking.

"Hmm. this is quite an impressive forgery. How did you manage to pull this off?" Amaterasu asked.

"That's what I want to know considering you did it so quickly," Sophia added as she stared at me curiously.

"Ahahah, it's complicated." I laugh as I scratch the back of my head.

I wanted to avoid the topic of Great sage as much as possible. They were my ace in the hole after all.

"We've got time." Amaterasu pushed the issue. Although from what I've gathered she genuinely thought it was an issue of time and complexity of the process rather than just me being stingy about revealing my hand.

"...Whatever. If you don't want to say I won't force you." Sophia responded seeing through the meaning in my words.

"Huh?" Amaterasu grunted in confusion

"Thanks," I responded to Sophia.

"I feel like I missing something," Amaterasu grumbled.

"Don't worry about it," responded Sophia.

"So will it work?" I asked the professional for her opinion.

"Yeah, it should do just fine. For deceiving mortals. Careful though gods can probably see through it." she responded rolling down my shirt to cover my back.

"In that case Let's go get you an Adventurers license."

"Right." I nod.

"Come back soon!" she called after us.

"Will do," Sophia responded.

And so we went off to get my adventurer's license.

We circled back around to the Guildhall and made our way inside. After waiting in line for a while I could finally talk to someone about getting my license. Sophia stood beside me to step in case things got complicated

"Hello, I would like to register as an adventurer." I talk to the person at the counter.

"eh? I-I see. To do that you just need to fill this form out." responded the lady at the counter. She looked at me worriedly. The lady had pink hair that reached her shoulders and darker pink eyes. She also had a bit of a baby face.

She wore a suit that seemed to be a sort of uniform for the guild.

I took the form she handed to me and began to fill it out. It was fairly basic information.