Chapter 33: Endless Pleasure

(3rd person POV Lily)

Lily recalled the conversation she had had with Rimuru before all of this happened. Back when they were strategizing.

"Umm, Ms. Ciel...how do you plan on dealing with the Soma Familia?" Lily had asked after some time.

"Hmm well, optimally they'll just let you go free without too much resistance but..." Ciel had responded after some thought.

"That...doesn't seem likely," Lily responded. "I tried to leave before but...Lord Soma doesn't usually pay attention to anything other than his wine. He simply leaves matters of the Familia to Zanis. And he only lets people leave after they pay an absurd amount of Valis," Lily further explained.

Ciel looked thoughtfully for a moment before asking a question. "Why a man like Zanis?" She asked.

"If I had to say...It's because he has a strong will. Strong enough to keep his mind after having Lord Soma's wine." Lily explained. "I can't exactly say why that would matter to Lord Soma...but well it does," Lily finished.

Ciel nodded. "Alright, I'll figure something out," she smiled softly at the small prum girl setting her uneasy heart at ease. "Don't worry,"  The words were clear in Lily's head.

...and yet and yet.  it was all fake.

"No no no no no no..." Lily mumbled nonsensically to herself as thoughts rushed through her head endlessly.

Useless thoughts, plans, and strategies, ran through her brain over and over but ultimately amounted to nothing. She was stuck here. With nothing she could do.

Images of everyone dying by Rimuru's hand flashed through her head.

Welf...hestia...

Bell...

All the while she would be trapped here with no way out. Forced to live under Zanis's tyrannical rule.

Why? How did it come to this? How could everything go so wrong?

A fiery weight filled Lily's chest. She wanted to scream. To tear everything apart, to defeat Rimuru, and forcefully leave the Soma familia of her own volition.

...but that would never happen. She was too weak. Far far far too weak.

M-maybe if I could talk to Rimuru. She told herself. Thought up endless reasonings and strategies to get Rimuru to stop.

But it was all a dead end.

There was nothing she could do but sink deeper and deeper into the despair-inducing feeling...of helplessness.

"Tch," the soft click of a tongue rang out before the ear-grating sound of metal getting torn echoed through the hall.

Lily looked up towards the sound only to find the locked door to her cell wide open.

Standing there a burly dwarf stood with an apathetic expression and a bottle of booze in hand. Chandra, one of the other level twos in the Familia, had just done an incomprehensible thing.

"What are you...?"

"You wanna leave? Go ahead," He said in an uninterested tone.

"...Why are you going against Zanis?" Lily asked in shock.

"I hate his guts," he shrugged.

As she slowly began to understand the situation Lily's expression turned from shock to awe as hope filled her chest.

This was it. An opportunity. To save everything she cared about.

Her expression shifted once more, no longer one of despair or awe, but one of complete and utter focus.