Chapter 19: A Step Forward

(3rd person POV)

Two people came from the tree's base connecting the 18th and 19th floors.

The golden-haired golden-eyed swordswomen, the Sword Princess of the Loki familia, and the blue-haired enigma, Rimuru tempest.

They walked through a crowd of people that had made way for them to walk towards a dumbfounded Loki familia.

Rimuru dragged a little behind Aiz, giving off a nonchalant air, meanwhile, Aiz gave off her usual aloof and dignified air.

Her eyes focused on the shaken Loki familia before her. Rimuru on the other hand avoided eye contact at all costs.

"Aiz...?" Tiona asked in a shaky voice.

Aiz glanced over at her and gave a small smile before reassigning her attention to Finn.

Unlike the rest of the Loki familia, he had a calm expression as if he had seen this coming.

Aiz turned towards Rimuru and spoke something too quiet for the rest to hear.

Rimuru simply nodded in compliance.

Aiz then went over to her Familia and Rimuru stayed behind. She approached Finn and as she stopped in front of him a deadly silence filled the air as the two looked at each other.

"Captain," Aiz spoke an uncharacteristic sweat could be seen rolling down her face.

"Yes?"

"I wish to speak with you about Rimuru..." she said.

Finn closed his eyes and nodded.

"Okay," he said he turned around and began to walk towards the camp. "Will she be joining us?"

Aiz blinked she opened her mouth as if she were about to say something but was interrupted.

"Hey Aiz," Rimuru's voice called out. Everyone's gaze turned towards the Rimuru who held a mischievous grin. "Can you stay quiet about that for now? I'll tell them myself later okay?"

"..." Aiz stared blankly at Rimuru for a second before her face dropped to a deadpan, while the rest was curious and a little concerned with what Rimuru could mean by those words.

She nodded slowly before moving onwards.

Finn meanwhile simply raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Rimuru will stay out of it for now," Aiz said as they began to head to the tent.

"Riveria, Gareth, keep an eye on things here," Finn ordered.

They wordlessly nodded and began to watch Rimuru who had begun to sit on the ground.

From this point, the Loki familia began to follow Aiz and Finn's lead and began to barrage Aiz with questions.

Well, all but two. Lefiya who had wanted to ask Aiz more questions was prompted to stay by Riveria and Bete, a werewolf, stared distrustingly at Rimuru who simply held a smile.

And thus those 5 individuals were left on their own while the rest of Loki familia moved to discuss Rimuru.

(Rimuru POV)

4 people stood before me. Gareth, the dwarf, Riveria, the elf sorceress, Lefiya, another elf sorceress, and Bete, a werewolf. I sat on the ground and looked up at them I figured we'd be here for a while so I decided to make myself comfortable.

The scenery from the under resort was still something. Glowing crystals above, that brought light to the entire floor. I sat on a wide expanse of flat land with not many trees. There was a small forest that seemed to be some 100 meters to my left but that was far away enough to ignore.