Chapter 15: tightrope

(A/N: Sorry for not uploading this sooner.  I got Covid and then as soon as I got better I went on vacation for a little bit so I've been quite busy without time to write. So yeah sorry.  on another note if the end seems a little rushed that'd be because I was just trying to get something out after not uploading for so long.  Any criticism is welcome (I am trying to get better at writing) so please tell me any problems there are in the story so far or with the chapter in particular.  Hope you have a great day and enjoy this chapter!)

I was going to have fun trying to explain this to them... I think to myself as the two guild workers stared at my back in shock.

"..." I silently run through some solutions.

It's a little too late to be changing my status on my back, isn't it? I could play dumb, or act like it's normal... well really what other options do I even have? I think to myself.

Other options run through my head at super-speed thanks to thought acceleration.

I can't think of anything that wouldn't just put me in a more dangerous situation... playing dumb it is.

"Is there a problem?" I ask innocently. They look at me as I say this staring at them.

The half-elf began to pull back to reality. She clears her throat and regains her composure.

"No nothing's wrong," She responded.

"Eh?" the other one still off in her own little world looked towards the half-elf then back at me then at the half-elf again.

"But Eina-" she began but was swiftly cut off by the half-elf, now Eina.

"Is there another issue? Misha? " she asked the other guild worker, now Misha.

"Ah- a-arent you going to ask about how she got such a ridiculous status? Outside of the dungeon city no less," she asked concern scrawled across her face.

"No. I am not. It may be strange, yes, but there's no need to figure out how she got it. Simply what it says and that it's real, both of which I've accomplished.

Eh? Wait when did you confirm it was real? I asked myself.

"If that is all then I shall take my leave," she spoke and handled the situation like a professional. Thankfully I didn't have to do much acting.

Misha still didn't seem one hundred percent convinced but thanked Eina for the assistance and we were luckily able to move along without incident.

"Haaaa," I let out a small sigh of relief at this. I began to move towards of the room behind Misha.

However, something strange happened as soon as she opened the door.

Standing right before our path when the door opened was Sophia who held her same blank look as always. However, something about the look in her eyes told me something urgent was going on outside.

She began to move her mouth without making a sound while staring intensely at me.

I couldn't quite catch what she was saying. I simply tilted my head in response.

"Tch." she clicked her tongue and walked passed a surprised Misha. I guess she didn't expect Sophia to be standing right there as soon as the door opened, but more importantly, was what she told me upon drawing into the room.

"Loki familia is here," she whispered in my ear.

"Eh?!" I can't help but let slip a surprised squeak as Sophia informs me of a problem.