Chapter 10

(Nothing happened really changes in the match against Teikoku so I'm just gonna skip it)

Timeskip after the match

Teikoku Gakuen... Kageyama...

From all the people out there, I didn't expect that he would put such a boring performance for once.

"What a creep." Leon scowled as he leaned back against his seat. "That mushroom hair sure gets on my nerves."

"Really~? I thought it was really entertaining though." Aikyo put both of her palm on her cheeks in adoration. "It was fun watching a wimpy dog getting thrown away by it's master, don't you think~?"

"Heh, that, I could agree with. That Kageyama sure have a weird taste in entertainment though."

"...How boring." I mumbled to myself. "He could've put up something more interesting." If only he didn't stage all of it for Ares, it would've been more entertaining.

"Aw~ It sure is hard to satisfy our sadistic queen~."

"Don't call me that, Aikyo."

"Oof, you don't like it? I'm sorry."

"It's just... Weird."

"It perfectly suits you though?"

"Not you too, Leon." I rubbed my temples in regret. If I had known they'll be this noisy, I'd had gone with Mihime or Riku or maybe I should've gone alone.

I sighed once more before getting up from my seat, "Let's go, I'll treat you guys for lunch."

"Yahoo! Thanks for the meal!" Both of them excitedly squeal and high five each other. They really are a pair of dumbheads.

This combination is not healthy for my wallet.

• • •

"Hohoho, you guys did wonderfully today!" Coach Jinyun said with his usual confident smile but my instinct is telling me otherwise. "This is why I purposely had you play this match without any strategies--"

"That's what he said, the truth is because you ran out of ideas for strategies, just kidding." Ootani said jokingly, but little did she know, that she actually hit the nails. We looked at our coach's dramatically shocked face. "Eh..?"

"Hey... Don't tell me..." Mansaku started in suspicion as we all started to sweat in panic. "You really ran out of ideas goshu?"

"No, no, no..."

Our coach just laughed nervously before taking out his strategies notebook, "Don't you worry. I still have plenty of stategies left--" Oops, looks like he accidentally dropped it and showed us the contents.

'It's blank!!!' We all thought at the same time. Lee Kobun hurriedly cleans up the mess of his master before the coach coughed and continue speaking, "Your next match will be your final one in Football Frontier preliminaries."

'He changed the subject!'

Will we really be okay with this coach...

Well, I've board the train and it already left it's station, so I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I need to focus on winning the next match, if not we wouldn't be able to advance through the finals.

Today I've decided to tag along with Asuto to watch the sixth game of the A-block preliminaries. It seems that Asuto is quite fond of watching the Seishou's matches, so I took the opportunity to observe the match too. Maybe we can get something from this match and it might be useful.