Chapter 2

Hina P.O.V

‘The class is finally over!’ I mentally said to myself as I stretched my body.

As expected, my first day on my new school is really tiring. Well, I better get used to it right?

“Hatsuharu-san.” A feminine voice called my name out. I tilt my head as I saw our class president walked up to me. “Ah, Mikado-san. Is there anything I can help?”

“The headmaster tells me that you were once a soccer player from Russia's team, is that true?” she asked with her usual serious face as I gulped, slowly getting intimidated by her presence.

“Y-yes, I was thinking about joining the club afterschool... Which is now apparently.” I answered her. She nodded, "Come and follow me."

Still confused, I took my bag with me and slowly followed her steps.

“You see Hatsuharu-san, our school's honorable soccer team has actually disbanded temporarily.” she started as I finally caught up on her pace and walking beside her.

Wait...

Raimon disbanded?! Since when?!

“W-what do you mean by disbanded???” I asked her with a hint of panic in my voice, stopping my step.

She also stopped and turned to face me with confusion in her face, “Hatsuharu-san... You didn't know that the former Raimon members has spread across all of Japan to raise the power of soccer? Some of them even went to America.”

What?! I didn't know anything about this!

That means if I join the club now...

I'll be the only member??? No way!

Mikado-san chuckled seeing my expression and smiled softly to me, “Don't you worry Hatsuharu-san, you'll not be the only member because apparently some students that came from a tiny island has revived the team.”

Hearing that I sighed in relief, “I see... That's a relief to hear.” I said as I hold the place where my heart is located. I think I almost got a heart attack.

“Hatsuharu-san is really a weird person as I thought. You're readable but I can't seems to read what's in your mind at the same time.”

“Hehe really? Well I think Mikado-san is a really nice and caring person despite your cold attitude towards some people.”

We chatted our way to the field and I came to learn that Mikado-san is actually interested into becoming the manager of the brand new team, but she's too shy to do it since her friends once talked dirty about Inakuni Island students and she somehow left a bad impression because of her face that seems like she looked down on them.

‘Those rumors about her being too cold is too much geez. She's clearly a nice girl to befriend, she's just shy. This is why we don't judge a book by it's cover, people.’

• • •

“N-nice to meet you...” I mentally sweatdropped at the chinese-like adult in front of me that has this somewhat smug smile in his face.

‘Think positively, Hina. If he really is shady, he won't be the coach of the famous Raimon High's soccer team.’ I said to myself as I maintain my usual smile on my face.

“Hohoho, nice to finally meet you Hatsuharu-san. My name is Zhao Jinyun and I'll be your coach starting todiay. I've heard so much about you from an acquaintance of mine.” the said 'coach' laughed in a weird way once again as he turned to the others. “So as what you've heard from your president, from now on you'll be having this soccer player from Russia in your team.”