Chapter 70

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record," Robin said excitedly as they got off their bikes at Eddie's trailer

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record," Robin said excitedly as they got off their bikes at Eddie's trailer. "Most miles traveled interdimensionally."

Steve coughed. "Ugh, I just inhaled a bunch of that crap. It's stuck in my throat."

Eddie opened his front door and they filed inside, all of their eyes going straight to the ceiling where a gate glowed, casting the room in creepy red light.

"Goddamn," Steve muttered.

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie said quietly, trying not to relive the horrible memories. "Like, right where she died."

"I think there's something in there," Kim said, trying to sound braver than she felt.

A shadow appeared above the gate, slowly pressing down on it until the red goo splattered apart.

The older group jumped back in fear, worried that it was Vecna. When no scaly monster crawled through, Kim took a step forward. "No way," she muttered, seeing a reflection of Eddie's trailer in the real world.

The rest of her friends followed behind her, wide grins stretching across all of their faces when they saw Dustin, Max, Lucas, and Erica waving back at them.

Robin laughed happily. "Holy shit, this is trippy."

•••••

They quickly figured out a plan on how to all get through the gate and back to their world. Lucas and Max pulled Eddie's mattress out of his room so that when they fell through they had something soft to land on. Dustin knotted up Eddie's sheets to make a rope for them to climb up.

"Those stains are, uh," Eddie started to explain as the mattress was put in position. "I dunno what those stains are."

"Ew," Kim wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Not quite sure how these physics are going to work, but, uh, here goes nothing," Dustin said as he tossed the makeshift rope into the Upside Down. It fell, looking like a straight line, but it held like a normal rope on both sides. "And if my theory is correct," Dustin let go of the rope and it stayed. "Huh, Abracadabra."

"Holy shit," Max muttered.

"Alright, pull on it! See if it holds!" Dustin yelled through the gate.

Robin clung to it, putting all of her body weight on it.

"This is the craziest shit I've ever seen in my life," Erica exclaimed. "And I've seen some crazy shit."

"Guess I'm the guinea pig," Robin said, preparing to climb up. Her muscles straightened as she climbed the first few feet before her head entered the real world again and she fell onto Eddie's mattress with a scream. When she sat up she let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god. That was fun!"

Nancy went next, having a similar reaction to Robin. She fell onto the mattress before quickly rolling off, grossed out by the stains.

Steve, Eddie, and Kim all looked at each other before Eddie walked forward. "Alright, I guess I'll go." He climbed up and practically did a backflip onto his mattress. He sat up, breathless and wide eyed. "That was fun. Shit!"