Chapter 72

Eddie slammed the phone book down on the table and turned to the back with the advertisements

Eddie slammed the phone book down on the table and turned to the back with the advertisements. "Check this out, The War Zone. I've been there once, it's huge. They've got everything you need for, uh, well, uh, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo had enough guns there?" Robin asked.

"Is that a grenade?" Kim pointed to the ad. "I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is," Eddie grinned. "This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone," Erica pointed out with her ever present sass.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons, so I think it's worth the risk," Nancy sighed.

"Me too," Lucas nodded.

"Yeah, but is it worth the time?" Dustin asked. "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie smirked.

"What, you got some sorta car we don't know about?" Steve asked.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve," Eddie grinned wickedly. "And it's not exactly mine, but, uh, it'll do. Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

Max thought for a minute before something came to mind.

Once Eddie was disguised in a Michael Myers mask, the group snuck through the trailer park, following his lead. He climbed into one of the mobile home's windows, quickly locking the front door before preparing to hot wire it.

Kim stumbled as the mobile home jolted to life. Steve quickly jumped into the driver's seat, flooring it as the owners of the trailer pounded on the window.

"Shit they look pissed," Dustin muttered.

"I mean, it's not everyday you lose your house and car in one fell swoop," Robin rambled.

"Hold on!" Steve yelled, knocking over trash cans as he made a turn.

In the back with Max and Dustin, Kim flung out her arms protectively so they wouldn't go flying. "Steve! I thought I was bad at driving!"

•••••

Once they were on the road, Kim climbed up front with Steve. After everything that happened, all she wanted was just to be near him.

"How's it handle?" she asked as she sat down.

"Not half bad considering that this is a house," Steve replied. There was a comfortable silence before Steve spoke again. "You know, it's silly, but I-I've actually, uh, I always had this dream that I'd have this really big family. I'm talking, like, uh, a full brood of Harringtons, like, five, six kids."