the first cut is the deepest

"You didn't come visit Mom with me last night, she was asking for you

"You didn't come visit Mom with me last night, she was asking for you." Meredith said to her younger sister.

"Asking for me so she had someone to use as her own verbal punching bag?" Maddie sarcastically smiled.

"Maddie you know she can't help it, it's the Alzheimer's."

Ellis Grey, had advanced early on set Alzheimer's disease and was currently living in a nursing home.

"Don't act like she was a ray of sunshine before this Mer!"

"I'm not, but you know she needs routine otherwise she'll get more confused."

"Oh I apologise for not wanting to go see Mom when every time I do she calls me worthless and a whore." Maddie snapped, leaving the house for work.

She knew her Mother's illness made her worse but it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Maddie was in the interns locker room when she saw Meredith pin up a poster for roommates.

Thanks for consulting me dear Meredith, not like we SHARE THE HOUSE!

"I was going to talk to you about it before you stormed off." Meredith smiled seeing the look on her sister's face.

"It's sorry for being a bitch." Maddie laughed back and the sisters hugged.

"We'll get through this together."

Izzie and George saw the roommate poster and were quick to approach the Grey sisters about it.

"We're together 100 hours a week for work, you really wanna live together too?"

"You put up the poster in the intern locker room. What did you expect?" Maddie laughed at her sister.

"Oh you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina asked Meredith who was holding a coffee cup as they made their way to Dr Bailey.

"It's not a bribe... it's a mocha latte."

"I can put down last, first and deposit," George said trying to convince the girls.

"It's totally a bribe." Cristina said.

"It is." Maddie agreed.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie said.

"You're in." Maddie grinned. "She's in."

"What?" Meredith said. "Maddie no, we can't just take people in because they can cook and clean. All I want is two roommates, two total strangers who we don't have to be nice to."

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith, Madison, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs, Izzie, you're on sutures." Bailey said as they reached her.

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith held out the cup.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Cristina cut in quickly.