𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

✯

Surgeons usually fantasize about wild and improbable surgeries. Someone collapses in a restaurant; we splice them open with a butter knife. Replace a valve with a hollowed-out stick of carrot. But every now and then, some other kind of fantasy slips in.

"Hey." Maddie snorted as her sister entered the locker room.

"Don't." Meredith jokingly glared, trying not to laugh herself.

Although, it was too much for Maddie and she burst into a fit of giggles, clutching her stomach.

"Your panties on the bulletin board." She wiped a tear as she laughed.

"Madison, it's not funny." Meredith chuckled.

"It's the funniest thing." She laughed again. "So, you and Derek again huh?"

"Well it's not serious... I'm seeing Finn too."

"You're so slutty. And I can't say I approve as I thought Derek and Addison were trying to work their shit out but I don't want involved." Maddie laughed. "No wonder she pinned your panties to the board. I would."

"Stop it!" Meredith laughed as well before sitting on one of the benches. "Come here."

Maddie sighed, sitting next to her sister.

Meredith took one of Maddie's hands in her own.

"I'm sorry tigger." She said, using the nickname they came up with as kids. "I'm so sorry. And I'll understand if you never want to forgive me. I know you, and I know what you're thinking. You think I don't care about you, you feel like I chose Izzie over you and I get why it probably seems that way but you need to know, I'd always choose you. Over anyone. I need my sister back Mads."

"I need my sister back too." Maddie whispered, eyes full of tears.

Meredith made some sort of noise in relief, she wrapped her arms tightly around her sister.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry." She cried.

"It's okay." Maddie chuckled. She figured a few days of silent treatment was enough. Plus, she did really miss her sister.

"Izzie's here." Meredith said quietly with a sigh, rubbing her sisters hand. "I wanted to warn you, I'm sure she's going to try find you and talk to you."

"Yay me." Maddie sarcastically cheered.

"What you got?" Alex asked as he strolled towards Maddie and young patient in the pit.

"I thought you were on Addison's service?"

"I was and now I'm not, she had a personal problem." He responded with a shrug. "So, what we got?"