𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥?

✯

Being chief is about responsibility, every single surgical patient in the hospital is your patient whether you're the one who cut them open or not. You need to look at a family and tell them your team did everything they could to save someone's child. You take care of other people's families... and you sacrifice your own.

Maddie eventually made it back home to Cristina's bachelorette party where the bride to be was struggling to write her vows... the night before her wedding.

Meredith chuckled with a shake of the head watching her sister giggle, she didn't have a high tolerance for alcohol at all.

"What am I supposed to say? I swear to love and cherish you every moment of every day of my life? I mean, that's not real. I mean, that's not how it works, right?"

"It does at first, but then.." Callie started.

"It passes." Meredith finished.

Maddie shrugged, having never been in a real relationship herself, she didn't know. Sure, she'd had sexual partners and had flings for a few months, but she'd never called anyone her boyfriend. Or girlfriend, as she'd recently realised she was also attracted to women... or maybe just Addison.

"No, it doesn't. You guys are just used to it. That's all. You already have it. You have that thing everybody else wants. You can take it for granted. But let me tell you, if you didn't, if you couldn't be with the person that you love, I guarantee that hearing him promise to love you and honor you and cherish you, no matter what, it would be pretty much all you could think about." Izzie spoke.

Maddie, Meredith and Cristina shared a look.

"You mean Denny right?" Meredith asked.

"... Yeah."

"Can you say that again? Just slowly?" Cristina asked, grabbing a pen and notepad, Maddie let out a laugh watching her.

Meredith was soon wrapped up in toilet paper, it was supposed to resemble a wedding dress and veil but it didn't really. Meanwhile, Callie was trying to write wedding vows on Cristina's palms.

"I thought I was gonna hate this party game thing, but it's kinda great. Can we set her on fire after?" Cristina asked, dreamily looking at Meredith.

"No, we cannot!" The oldest Grey sternly spoke.

Callie sighed. "These vows are so not going to fit."