𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

✯

As doctors, we know everybody's secrets. Their medical histories, sexual histories, confidential information that is as essential to a surgeon as a 10-blade. And every bit as dangerous. We keep secrets. We have to. But not all secrets can be kept.

"Stupid shrink!" Maddie seethed as she angrily threw a top into her suitcase.

"Idiot man!" Another top was thrown.

"Probably not even qualified!"

"How about we stop throwing things?" Alex laughed, entering Maddie's room, slinging his arm around her.

"How is moving back home going to solve any of my issues!!" Maddie yelled. She knew she was acting like a child.

"Maddie... relax." Alex rubbed her arm. "It's going to be okay, you can keep an eye on George right? And you'll be with Meredith and Derek."

"I guess you're right." She sighed.

"I am going to miss you around here though, who else is gonna do all my cleaning and make me breakfast every day." He winked at her.

Maddie jokingly shoved him. "You only enjoy my presence for the cooking and cleaning."

Alex laughed, pulling her into his arms. "I really will miss you here."

"I'll miss being here."

"Honey I'm home!" Maddie shouted as she walked into her house she shared with Meredith. Derek who was carrying most of her bags, laughed from behind her.

"Maddie!!" Meredith and George shouted, running to greet her. Both of them wrapped their arms around her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're home!" Meredith squeezed her sister.

"Me too!" George agreed.

"Okay, let's let her breathe." Derek chuckled, gently pulling Maddie away from them.

"Thanks!" Maddie laughed. "I missed you guys."

She meant it. She missed living with Meredith and George, but she couldn't lie to herself and say she was happy to be living under the same roof as Izzie again.

"We missed you." Meredith smiled, pulling her sister up the stairs. "Come on, your rooms been untouched."

"I should think so." Maddie laughed.